Wednesday 14 September 2011

Monster Cable - hdmi cables, hdmi


I had purposely avoided writing or giving a review to the seller in July of 2009 because I honestly had nothing to say. I cannot review a product I havent really put to the test. Back in July 2009 I ordered about 5 or 8 of these HDMI cables. I had just purchased my Samsung LCD, as well as the entire entertainment center (blu ray, HDMI receiver, PS3, Xbox360, etc) all at once (bought a new condo). When I saw the price of these cables at Best Buy I flipped. Figured Id try the cheapie solution first. Whats the worst that could happen? Id end up losing like $10.00. Who cares.



First I did research on "Brand Name" cables vs cheap ones. Everyone pretty much seems to agree they are all the same except that brand name has amazing marketing and publicity.



I received the cables fairly quickly, they come in cheap plastic baggies. I was excited to use my new TV and the whole shebang and truly hoped these would work as the alternative was spending $500 or so on what I thought were "real cables". I hooked everything up and everything worked fine, no problems, no glitches, no fuzzy or grainy pics, sound quality is amazing (I have a $1200 Klipsch Sound System and a $600 Sony Receiver). I honestly figured the cables would eventually stop working and that Id eventually have to invest in real ones. Well, the other day (its now April 2010) the maintenance guy in my building mentioned buying an LCD TV and that he wasn't sure what to do, as he couldn't afford the $150 Monster Cables. I suggested Amazon.com and told him to look for Eforcity first or Abacus 24-7 (Another great cable seller on here) and this is how I remembered to finally write my review.



10 months later, cables have worked like a charm and you know what? Even if they stopped working now, Id order $10 dollars more and just replace all of them. You are probably wondering why theres a $100 dollar difference between the ones at the store and the ones here... its called "Sorry sucker, you've just been ripped off!"



Kudos to Amazon.com for offering vendors like this guy and I will certainly continue to purchase any cables off of him / them.



Cheers. Eforcity HDMI Cable, 10 feet

Well, as the old adage goes, "You get what you pay for." In this case, I paid about $5 including shipping for this product in November 2008. It's now June 2009 and the cable has given up the ghost.



I had it connected to my 24" Samsung monitor via HDMI out on my PC, and it worked wonderfully for both that and my Blu-Ray player. Last week, however, I started to run into problems. Blue specks were distorting the picture on my monitor and causing the displayed picture to do some really funky things. I suspected it could be my graphics card or monitor, but it turns out it was the cable.



I don't regret purchasing this cable at all because it was such a good price and it lasted for so long. I do have to warn any potential customers, however, that you may have to get a replacement in 6-8 months. This is a cheap cable, and it wasn't manufactured to last as long as ones you will pay more for.



I'm not recommending going with a Monster HDMI cable, but I do have to let you know that a $20 investment in a name-brand or higher quality cable might be in your best interest.



So, I'm back to the 4ft DVI cable that came with my PC, which should suffice for now as DVI and HDMI can send a crisp HD signal to my monitor.

I used this cable to connect a Playstation 3 to a 40" Sony Bravia. At 1080p, the picture is perfect. There are no distortions in the picture or problems with any individual pixels.



It's hard to judge the quality of the materials without taking the thing apart but there's nothing noticably poor in the manufacturing or material quality of the cable. It's pretty plain looking and less attractive than the higher-priced cables but who cares?



When you consider that it gives you the same result as a Monster or Belkin cables that cost 10 to 20+ as much, it's clear that you're getting a lot of value per dollar with this cable. And yes, it also implies the opposite with those higher-priced cables.



My only complaint is that shipping was $1 more than the price of the cable. :-)

Read a lot of reviews on the 6 ft cable decided to by this 10 ft one, had the guys from firedog install but he of course recomended the monster 1000 series 4 meter $199.99. I bought it and this one and I can say that I cant see the difference at all I must have switched back and forth 10 or so times I cant see the difference, I have my xbox and cable connected to a bose v20 connected to a samsung 52 lcd, games look exactly the same with cheap cable vs monster 1000 series unless you have some kind of electron measuring system the human eye cant see any difference....I was told that the difference would be with blu ray and the refresh rate of 120 hz speed. Not sure about that.. - Hdmi - Hdtv - Hdmi Cables - 1080p'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information