Saturday 24 September 2011

Nikon D3000 - remote, nikon


At this price, I bought a spare figuring I'll probably loose it. It looked to do the same job as the Nikon ML-L3, so I thought I'd give it a try. I've had no problems. No set up required, just remove the battery tab, set your camera's release mode, and you're ready to go (at least for my model, the D5000). No problems with the autofocus either, and it works from a good distance as well as pointing it at an angle out of the camera's view for shots where I just don't want to move the camera. It doesn't come with a pouch like the ML-L3, but it costs less, and otherwise seems to work fine. Opteka RC-2 Wireless Remote Control for Nikon D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D3000, D5000 & D7000 Digital SLR Camera (Nikon ML-L3 Replacement)

With your nikon there should be a timer setting that you can page through until a remote shows up (with or without a timer too) that enables this. I can use it in front, back and on the sides of the camera. We even played with bouncing it around another room to this cam and it worked great. Feels solid and very well engineered. Will be buying more for my family (my dad has a D80.)

I use this with nikon d3000 in quick release mode and it works in virtually all direction such as sides and back , did not need to train as inside pamphlet suggested, range is pretty good too. I am completely satisfied.

When my Nikon wireless remote died out I came across the Opteka RC2 via an Amazon product search. Ideally priced I was a little skeptical. Any second thoughts that I originally had about this product have gone away.



After a quick review of the instructions I removed the battery tab and set the release mode on my Nikon D90. Pairing up to both of my cameras was a breeze and on the money. Overall, shots were consistent within a solid shooting range between 5 and 15 feet.



The glossy black fingerprint magnet finish is the only small negative against this product. Not a big deal for me. For the last six months the RC2 has been a work horse without any powering up issues.



With a 3 volt CR2025 battery providing the juice, its all about usage. For my needs I replace batteries every six months and keep back ups handy. Mounting a small sticker noting the date of the last battery change is helpful too. Occasional users can get away with a one year replacement. For prolonged storage, I recommend removing the battery.



In the box, (1) CR2025 battery, instructions, and a one year manufacturer's warranty. Customer support can be reached via Opteka's very limited website. There are no customer support numbers posted. Only email links. Oddly this model is not even posted on the company's website.



Without a doubt, the Opteka RC2 Nikon Remote is a durable and cost effective tool. Its a welcome addition to my camera bag.

First of all, this is a great wireless remote like everyone here says. It works very well from different directions. However, the instruction is not very clear to me on the paper coming with the remote.



For users who do not know about this, here is how I set it up for my nikon d40:



Please go to the menu of the camera and then go the shoot mode (single frame(default), continuous(burst), 2' delayed remote, quick-response remote) and then choose either the 2'delayed remote or the quick-response remote. Now you are ready to go. Just press the button on your remote, and it will work. Note that the infrared cannot be seen by human eyes so that you will see no visible light from the LED on.

This little device is such a great addition to my gear! It works like a charm right from the box! I am thinking of buying another one just in case I lose this one!



Before I had this remote control, I had to struggle with self-timer. I could never get a picture of myself that had nice pose! This item has solved my problem so far! Thank you for such great idea!



I would absolutely recommend it to anyone I know who needs some help like I did before. Thanks! 5-star!!!

This is by far the least expensive item I have purchased for my Nikon D5000 Camera thus far and it works just as great as the other products I have used with it. The remote connected to my DSLR Camera with breeze and I was able to snap photos with it in a matter of seconds. I use this remote for product installations when I can't find someone to be my extra hands. Great product, wish I could purchase other products with this quality for this price!

I use this with a Nikon D90. Although considerably bulkier than the ML-L3, it seems to have a better range and does not require aiming right at the sensor on the camera. Make sure you remember to set your camera for remote triggering. - Nikon D3000 - Digital Slr - Nikon - Remote'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information