Monday 19 September 2011

Not Recommended - groomer, beard trimmer


I am a lifetime beard grower, and have had many different trimmers, and I happen to by a Wahl one day, and its outlasted all my other big name trimmers, and i totally mistreated it and abused it, and it still trims like a dream.



So I decided when i was looking to update my trimming kit to look at some Wahl Timmers, and i was not dissapointed, its plastic and feels lite but it does the job, and it does it the first time. It comes with everything i needed, and the cradle held everything pretty well. The instructions included are very useful as well.



I would recommend this if your looking for a budget trimmer, I bought a wahl as a back up, cheap trimmer, and its become my primary trimmer.



++This is not a shaver, i think people are confusing this for a different job, This is made to trim, maintain, and sculpt a beard or mustache. If you try to shave it will pull your hair or not cut well++

As far as the quality of the trimmer, you get what you pay for. I had a wahl trimmer for about 10 years that was plastic, but it was great. This one is cheap plastic that feels like its going to fall apart. The main drawback is that is sucks that battery life up fast. The first batteries i put in were cheap, so i upgraded to quality batteries with little difference. I use it every other day and i say batteries will last maybe a month if you dont mind the pulling when the batteries get worn down.

This set piqued my interest about a year ago when I spotted it on sale on another website, only to find out that it was cheaper on Amazon. It turned out to be a pretty good deal.



Let me start by echoing other users' reviews: the plastic that this trimmer and its accessories are made with feels extremely cheap. However, I have not had a single issue with it, and, like a good book, its what's on the inside not the outside that matters. This thing trims very well, and has been used about once or twice a week for the last year, so it holds up. The comb is fairly standard, though I've never had a use for it. The blade guard is a nice touch, especially if you leave it in the storage base without use for a period of time.



As for the storage base, while its made of very cheap, thin plastic, it holds everything nicely and helps keep your bathroom sink well organized. It is kind of odd they didn't bother to make it big enough to hold the nose trimmer, however.



As for the nose trimmer itself, it doesn't work as well as you might think. Unfortunately, simply spinning it along the inside rim of your nostril doesn't quite cut it, as you have to get underneath the hair and push slightly up into your nostril to get the hair properly removed. It does the job well, but its a longer process than it really needs to be. You'll spend a few extra minutes longer than you'd expect to make sure you got all the hair trimmed that you wanted to. I've also recently ran into an issue with the nose trimmer on/off switch doing whatever it wants. If I flip it to 'off' once its on, it sometimes stays on, then will either turn off once in the 'on' position, or stay the course. A few good smacks against my hand remedies the problem, but I use this thing maybe once or twice a month, so its durability seems to be lacking.



I gave this a 4-star rating because of the nose trimmer, and to a much lesser extent the comb and supplied oil, since I haven't had a need for them as of yet. Its still a very good trimmer at an excellent price, and will certainly serves your basic trimming needs.

I had a Conair rechargable. Unfortunately I lost the cord to recharge it so I picked up this one. Wow, was that a mistake.



I don't have a very thick beard, yet I found I had to go over the same spots again and again to get any sort of semblance of evenness.



It tears at my hairs at times and can be somewhat painful.



It makes a LOT of noise.

This product is horrible. I picked one up thinking it would do the job, and after a couple uses I placed it in the trash can. This product will grab a hold of your facial hair and tare them out at the roots. It is extremely painful to use. I do not recommend this product to anybody.



My beard is not thick at all, I would classify it at medium, yet this trimmer fails to trim it properly.

I bought this as a gift for my husband, he likes the little stand that organizes all the accessories & it's versatile enough to meet all of his needs - trims beards, sideburns, eyebrows, moustaches, etc.

better than my previous trimmer by far. right length cutter heads which my other did not have, at 3 times the price. This in my opinion is a true value.

Vendor was great with fair postage and a very low price. - Beard Trimmers - Groomer - Beard Trimmer - Mens Grooming'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information