Saturday 3 September 2011

Office Supplies - laminating supplies, home laminator


I ordered the Scotch thermal laminator & pouches and have been more than pleased with both. The pouches actually seal better & are thicker & more durable than I expected. I'll definitely be ordering more! Scotch(TM) Thermal Laminating Pouches, 4.37 Inches x 6.06 Inches, 20 Pouches (TP5900-20)

Love this brand but really a pack of 20 with 8 dollar shipping? Google for this product or other brands which are as good if not better...yes there is better and there are other thicknesses too. So don't be a slave to higher costs of shipping here today. Sometimes Amazon changes vendors and so the prices of products and shipping cost or not changes out too.

Over all the product is good. Not great and not bad. I like the UV protection on some of the more specialized laminate materials such as USI has in it's photo line. With this over priced shipping you could pick and choose a better product for not more. Also check out the other vendor selling the full size sheets which you could use to make your own sizes as needed. We do that a whole lot....from half sized sheets to quarter or customized fit to make refridge magnets using our favorite cartoons out of. Just leave approx 1/8 inch beyond the edge of your item or paper and you should be good to go. Saves money too. The vendor for the full size Scott sheets is free shipping too. But google laminate pouches to find other brands and so many more products and sizes and as good a quality or even better some times. Think outside the box....color outside the lines:)))

I have purchased several different size laminating pouches and find they all work well. This is for personal use. For example, I put several business cards slightly apart in one pouch,laminate it, and cut them out for use as luggage tags.

I purchased both the laminating machine and pouches of various sizes for my mother this Christmas. She is a laminating junkie and laminates just about everything she can including pictures, proof of insurance certificates, newspaper clippings, recipe cards and even recipes pulled from magazines. Its important to note that my mother is about as anti tech as one can possibly get. It took me a couple years just to get her operating a Mac laptop efficiently. When it comes to technology, she finds even the simplest of things difficult, lol. Anyways, she figured out how to operate the laminating machine in just a few minutes. That's how simple it is to use this system.



The pouches are fantastic as they make aligning of the item super easy. You just pop the item into the pouch and send it through the laminating machine and your all set. The quality is absolutely perfect. No air bubbles and no creases, just a perfectly laminated item. Considering how cheap the laminating machine is, something like this is a no-brainer for people like my mother. The pouches run anywhere from 20 to 33 cents each depending on size.



Bottom line - This system is extremely affordable and about as easy as something can be to operate. The lamination of important documents is just a smart idea and with a system as easy and affordable as this.....well there is really no reason not to. Highly recommended.



5 stars!

I ordered these along with the Scotch Thermal Laminator.



I have a toddler who loves flashcards, so I thought I'd get the tools to make our own [ok, I've always wanted a laminator- who am I trying to kid?!].

Anyway, these arrived with the laminator, so I immediately plugged in the machine and set about the house looking for something to cover. I found a family photo [4x6], and set it to work.

I hadn't really paid attention to the thickness of the laminating sheets, but I'm so glad I chose what I did- the 5mm came out beautifully thick [with perfect lamination].



These have held up tremendously well. Not only do we have an active babe in our house along with a toddler, but we also have daycare kids [young toddler and older toddler]... our toys/things are WELL used and abused. This little laminated photo? It's still flat [even though it's been bent time after time]- somehow the lamination just bounces back and keeps it looking new. Astounding.



*love*

They are plastic pouches. They laminate thermally just like they say they would. So what is to be a surprise? Maybe they are not made in China. Or, should I expect them to be filled with lead and other byproducts of "production"? I intend to place them inside my Chinese drywalls. Delete this review. - Laminators - Home Laminator - Laminating Supplies - Laminate'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information