Sunday 18 September 2011

Outdoor Speakers


It took me a while to pick a set of outdoor speakers, I read loads of other peopls reviews, as I do with everything I buy, but everyone said the same thing about outdoor speakers below $100, good sound but no thump. I really like dance/Trance etc my music needs a kick to it and I didn't want outdoor speakers that wouldn't deliver a thump, but I also didn't want $200 dollars worth of speakers sitting outside the house.



I choose these because the price was good and the reviews sounded good. And I have to admit they delivered what I wanted. Great bass (considering the size of the speaker and the fact that they are open space speakers) great treble and an almost surround sound.



If I had to pick something to say that was a bad point, I would have to say the mid range is not brilliant, but I think that is more the amp, rather than the speakers.



I am not a speaker expert, but I know what I like and as far as sound goes, I don't think you will find better for the price. Pyle Home PDWR50W 6.5-Inch Indoor/Outdoor Waterproof Speakers (White)

I was skeptical about these speakers from the start because of some of the reviews I had read. As it turns out, there are other speakers that look the same (the same graphic as seen here) but are not. These are Pyle Dryver Pro series speakers with real Pyle "drivers". One of the other "knock-offs" is from Pyramid. The ABS case is the same but the drivers are off brand and cheap. Also, the Pyle brand has a sturdy powder coated metal grill with the Pyle logo on the front, the knock-offs have nothing on the grill and it's very flimsy. You put clean power into these little Pyles and they respond very well. For inexpensive, waterproof speakers, I recommend them highly. I'll probably get arrested for disturbing the peace with these bad boys ;).

Once these speakers were run in they sounded great for such a modest price. I listen to an HD classical station with them and they convey a lot of the detail in the music for their size.



The bracket mounting nuts do not tighten enough to hold the speakers at a various desired angles--the contact face between the brackets and the speakers should have been detented. I had to jerry rig with some 1/4" threaded rod through slots in the brackets to get them to aim properly (they are mounted high on a porch wall near the ceiling angled down to point at a sitting area).



Be sure to mate them with an amp that can handle 4 ohm speaker loads. They do not require a lot of power to play loudly, though they will not shake the room at this size.

OK. I just got 4 of these speakers to replace my out door sound system. I have them set up with two 12 inch pyle vented subwoofers (model: Pyle PLMRDW124 12 inch 1000 watt Marine subwoofer). First off the sound is absolutely incredible with very crisp highs and good bass. And when combined with the subwoofers I installed, my outdoor system sounds like you are at an outdoor concert. There is one catch which I had read about by other reviewers. When mounting the speakers to the brackets, the nuts break-away/unglue from the box and drop into the housing. And there is no other way to get at them but to dissasemble the whole speaker, retrieve the nuts and glue them back in with a strong adhesive, which is what I had to do to all four of them. If you are a little handy with a screwdriver then it is not a big problem. But if not, then you have a nightmare on your hands. I had read in other reviews that this was a problem but I just thought that it may have been an isolated flaw. I was wrong. The nuts almost invariably break away. This is something that Pyle needs to address. Once this flaw is fixed however, you will not at all be disappointed with the sound. I think the sound compares with speakers costing three times as much. ENJOY THE MUSIC!

These speakers are very nice and sound great. They have a nice weight to them. Added them to my deck for some music outdoors with a Pyle amp. Very pleased and hope they hold up with the weather. Defintely recommended.

I got this pair of speakers about the third week in April 2010. I have a pair of RCA that I bought from Radio Shack in 1999. They are OK as far as sound goes, but these Pyle speakers blow my RCA speakers away. My neighbor who has two pair of outdoor speakers says he is going to buy Pyle speakers too. I am very satisfied with these speakers and I recommend them to anyone shopping for reasonably priced outdoor speakers.

Bought these two months ago thinking they would be the perfect addition to my outdoor home theater set up. Well they were for about an hour and a half and then blam without warning the right speaker blows. I was running them on a receiver with a measley 400 watt output and was only on about 4 on the master volume. Maybe I got a bad driver,maybe not. Either way the only positive things i can say is that they sounded great while they worked and that Amazon made it very easy to return them. Already replaced with Bose 151's now those are some great sounding speakers.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information