Tuesday 13 September 2011

Random-orbit Sandpaper - sandpaper, mirka


Mirka paper is not only the quality choice; it is also a bargain at Amazon prices. I had previously purchased a full box of Mirka paper for my 6" sander, in the most popular grades. Have since done a lot of sanding with it. This brand of sandpaper is great. It is aluminum oxide which lasts and lasts. Additionally the backing pad is made from thick material, so it holds up well, and won't bugger the edges of your sander. I had a body shop for twenty years, and came to realize the advantage of quality sandpaper. The cheap stuff does not hold up. You will go through a zillion sheets of paper, and will actually cost you more because of it. The Mirka paper lasts so long, that I wind up with a used stack. By the time it is to change to a different grit, the existing piece isn't worn out yet, so I keep them. I went into Home Depot and checked out the Norton paper, I wasn't impressed. It also costs less per box, but they only give you 25 sheets instead of 50 like these Mirka boxes. So you get twice as many sheets here for only half again as much money. Not only is it a bargain up front, then the paper lasts a lot longer, not to mention the superior job it produces. You can't beat that. This is the paper deal you want. Load up. Mirka rules. Mirka 23-615-AP 5-Inch 8-Hole Assorted Grits (10 Each Of 80/100/120/150/220) Dustless Hook-and-Loop Sanding Disks

I absoulutely love the Mirka 5" Dustless Hook and Loop Assortment Pack. It included everything I need to start sanding all the different woodworking projects that I do. I was impressed with how long the disks lasted and how well they stayed in place on my Makita Orbital Disk Sander.

This is the best paper a woodworker can purchase. I've tried other hook and loop for my DeWalt orbital and have found none better as far as finished work. This papers life expectancy is greater than the competators paper also. Enough said just use it

We have used the Mirka PSA papers purchased from our former supplier,now ourt of business. We have been looking for a source to purchase a paper with a good sanding life that does not fill. We use it on raw wood or finished. We are also, at times, required to use Mirka to sand strip furniture and when we do, we experience three to four time the life of other highily recommended papers. Mirka is tough, dependable, and leaves a good surface for finishing. We are PLEASED to find another source for this quality sanding paper. Our experience speaks to us Mirka if your looking for a quality result!!!!!!!

Not sure how much more I can say about sanding disks other than the title of my review.



I was not familiar with the Mirka name and was very pleasantly surprised at the cost and quality. Been buying Norton abrasives, at the big box stores and Mirka blows Norton away, both in quality and cost per disk.



The sanding projects I have used these disks on has mostly been for sanding pine and a little oak. Seems to hold up well in both cases. Did use a 80 grit disk to remove some surface rust from a rusty shovel. Did OK... but I suspect there are better abrasives for that type of job.



Try a box of these. You won't be sorry.

These work very well and last quite a long time. The price Amazon sells them for makes them an excellent value and the assortment is a great way save money as opposed to buying smaller quantities in stores or bulk packs of each grit. Perhaps of no consequence to others, but I am quite glad these are not yet another cheap Chinese made product, they are made in Norway.

This product is a good value and is what it is. The dustless hook and loop sanding disc system is the only way to go. When combined with a compatible palm sander, such as a DeWalt or Porter Cable, (I have the DeWalt) and a vacuum system it is virtually dustless.

I've used this paper regularly for varied materials... metal prep, hardwoods, soft woods, fiberglass, plastics... Mirka has always been one of the top brands and they've been fairly consistent in quality. Very good clog-resistance for all materials I've tried so far. Plus, a great price for a 50-pk assortment... will definitely be ordering more here as I need them.

These disks are on par wit a Klingspor which for most projects would be great. Unfortunately, I usually work with hardwood. The Mirka are worth a try but be aware if you are too aggressive on hardwoods, these will not last as you may have anticipated. For hardwoods I usually use blue zirconia - these discs will outlast all other types especially hard materials such as hard wood, metal, fiberglass, gel coats, etc. Or a premiium red A.O. resin on heavy "E" or "F" weight paper. For the price of the Mirka I would recommend them for most applications. - Mirka - Woodworking - Sandpaper - Hand Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information