Tuesday 27 September 2011

Receipt Scanner - portable scanner, scanner


I did a significant amount of research on small portable scanners. The ScanSnap didn't appear on most of the side by side comparisons on the internet sities, however, I am glad I kept digging and found this gem. It is small, was extremely easy to set up, and works like a charm. All of the features work great, including the duplex scanning, multiple page feed, multiple size documents, color scans. Haven't tried pictures yet, but I am sure they will be just as good. The accompanying software was also very easy to use. Highly recommend this product. Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 Deluxe Bundle 600 DPI x 600 dpI Scanner (PA03603-B015)

I've used many scanners over the years and for document scanning you just can't beat the ScanSnap S1300. It is very fast and accurate. I also think the Rack2-Filer software is great. Most of the document scanning I've done in the past has been strictly as PDF's that I've saved and label. The software allows the scanning of more pages of similar documents that can be "filed" in a very logical and easily searched fashion. I did consider the S1500 because I had a lot of documents to scan initially (four full file cabinet drawers of documents)and the S1500 does have a larger capacity ADF but I've found the S1300 does the job quite well. The only drawback to the scanner is that it will not scan a document longer than 14 inches.

After reviewing a number of similar products I chose this one because it said that it could be used on a Mac or PC. Among the other Fujitsu choices I thought about purchasing the one of the 1500's. I did not by the 1500 because you either had to buy one that would work only for PC's or buy the one that worked only on a Mac. I have both platforms at my office and want to go paperless.



It is true that the S1300 works on both platforms. However, I was disappointed to find out that it doesn't have the same software capacity for both. The Mac software seems much more limited than the PC software



I also thought the S1300 would be able to scan folded 17 x 11. I'd read so many reviews but confused that ability with the 1500's.



Its not a bad scanner but in the end if I could I would return the product because it really isn't where I need it to be to make my office move efficiently enough to being paperless. - Portable Scanner - Scanner - Scansnap - Mac'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information