Tuesday 20 September 2011

Replacement Battery - suunto t6 battery, watches


Since you probably only have to change your watch battery once a year, if this kit doesn't already come with a Varta or Duracell battery, you should just go out and buy a Duracell (2032). Your best bet for this is - again - amazon.com because the retail prices for Duracell batteries vary widely. Other than that, it is all pretty straight-forward. If you are skilled at changing Suunto watch batteries, you won't ruin the hatch cover (there is no need to man-handle it, just get the slot the the right position and gently pry the cap off around the edges ... suunto has some videos on their site to help with this).



Last but not least, as someone who has purchased more than 5 (probably 10!) Suunto watches, I can say that the batteries last a good long time UNLESS you like to use the backlight, alarm, or other dynamic features. In a word, be prepared to self-service your Suunto watch if you like to use it! The investment is well-spent as these watches are built to last a lifetime if you don't mind dealing with annual battery and strap replacements. Knock wood - my Suuntos have not mechanically lost a beat in the last 12 years! Suunto Wrist-Top Computer Watch Replacement Battery Kit (X6, S6, T6, G6, M3, and Observer)

This item is very convenient to use. I think it should be a standard issued item with all Suunto watches. I wore out the slot on the back of the watch trying to replace the battery before I received this kit. Well worth the price.

The kit comes with a nice new cover and a spanner tool to aid in installing the cover. The only problem that I had, was actually installing the battery correctly onto the contacts. They're pretty small and flimsy. I used a magnifying glass so as not to damage the contacts while installing the battery

This is the fourth or fifth time I've replaced the watch battery in my t6. The newer covers (with a short straight edge that facilitates removal) and installation tool are great. I hope Amazon has fixed my problem by now. My order arrived and the battery kit (battery, replacement tool & cover with "O" ring) had been relabeled. The "new" part number was correct but this was NOT the battery kit for the t6. This kit had no tool, a different cover (lacking the short straight edge) and a battery that was 3 mm too large for the watch.



I placed a subsequent order on Suunto's web site and everything was good. The correct part even arrived faster from Suunto than from Amazon (I am in the USA).



Amazon gets one star for the quick credit to my account. This is the only time (since the 90's?) I've been shipped the wrong product by Amazon. - Battery - Suunto T6 Battery - Altimeters - Watches'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information