Tuesday 13 September 2011

Replacement Blades - norelco, philips norelco


After 20+ years with my original Norelco, it finally broke. I was looking for a simple razor without too many bells and whistles. This is a simple design, does a great job and it is relatively inexpensive. I don't care for rechargable razors simply because I don't like them sitting on my bathroom sink all the time, I prefer one I can put in a drawer when I'm not using it. Philips Norelco 6940 Reflex Action Men's Shaving System

I like this shaver because it does just what I need it to do. I get a close shave with little fuss - not quite as close as a blade can give, but with absolutely no risk of a cut - and at about $44 it's much less expensive than almost all the other Philips Norelco shavers.



It's not rechargeable, so you have to plug it in every time you shave, and the cord isn't very long or flexible, so sometimes it will pull out of the shaver, interrupting the shave. Just reinsert it and carry on.



Since it doesn't run on a rechargeable battery the motor never slows down due to declining battery power, and you don't have to leave it plugged in to charge it up. My guess is that it uses less electricity overall than a rechargeable. Of course you have to have access to AC power to run it, but that's only a problem if you want to take it with you on camping trips - not a good idea anyway.

As most other Norelco razors are using batteries, this is one of only 2 models left that will work when the batteries die. Also, the HQ55 blades are every bit the equal of the HQ8 and HQ9; I have both and the only difference is that the newer versions are a little faster.



Norelco has very little info on this model; be aware that they will tell you that it uses the newer style power cord with the external transformer and that is not the case. It uses the old fashioned plain coiled cord.

Have had the Norelco for over a month now. Works fine. Probably not the best razor out there but a great value for the price. It does what it is supposed to and I have had no problems with it thus far. When I first turned it on, I was surprised at how quiet it is. I thought it was not working or something but as I said before, it does its job quite well. I would buy another one.

I looked around for a basic inexpensive razor. I realized that I hardly ever used my shaver on batteries so why pay for that feature. I figure I can buy a new razor every couple of years at this price rather than new cutting heads for for $30-35. For the price I am happy. The shaver has enough power and I did not expect the smoothness of a $100 shaver. The shaver seems sturdy enough. The shaver met my expectations.

Bought the product from Amazon.com seeing all the reviews about the product and since it was on sale and I got for a good price....



It is essentially a very basic model of the Norelco family of triple rotary shavers. Has no rechargeable battery and works while plugged in.

The first few shaves irritated as this was my first electric razor. However, in spite of continuous usage for 3 weeks, as recommended in the manual, I did not get a smooth/close and irritation free shave. In addition one of the blades started getting hot and the shave was not close enough. I contacted Philips and their excellent customer care people sent me a replacement blades within 2 days and after replacing the new blades I get a pretty close/smooth shave although the irritation of my skin is yet to disappear completely.....



Overall a decent product to start off with electric shaving.

This is my fourth Norelco razor. My last one was cordless. I replaced the battery roughly nine months ago. The battery is going bad again. With Norelco rotary razors, if the heads do not spin fast enough, you do not get a good shave. I was thrilled to be able to buy a corded razor. No batteries and no worrying about recharging and no worries about batteries going bad. This is a good no frills electric razor that will give most people a close comfortable shave.

Really like this shaver. Of course the reason it is so cheap is because it was not designed with a battery. It runs off an outlet. But when I was getting it, it occured to me that I never shave anywhere where there isn't an outlet anyway! And the lack of a battery gives several advantages too.

No battery to die on you, which is awesome.

(I have a different Norelco model with a battery that's not great. It shaves well but theres no battery meter of any kind, and if you're about to leave the house and you're shaving last minute and the battery dies (we've all been there before) then you're just screwed. Because that shaver, if the battery dies, will not work EVEN WHEN PLUGGED IN. You have to just wait until it's charged, to use it, which could be hours. Crappy designing on Norelco's part there. They should have made all shavers able to run on the power from the outlet while plugged in)

But this shaver is great, no battery to die or go bad over time.

And it's also more than powerful enough, because it uses power straight from the wall.

It's also very light, because of the lack of a battery.

Shaves well too, on par with other Norelco shavers that cost twice as much. Pretty close shave, comfortable, etc.

I like this shaver a lot. If you do not specifically need a shaver with a battery, get this. - Mens - Razor - Philips Norelco - Norelco'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information