Saturday 3 September 2011

Roller Ball Pen - gel pen, uniball


As a teacher, I use tons of pens and go through many each year. This is my all-time favorite. The pen is comfortable to hold, thanks to the rubberized grip area. It writes without pushing or effort, although I can push hard if I am writing on a carbon copy. The ink is dark. I have had no problems with the pens breaking, although maybe I use them up more quickly than others, so they don't get old enough to break. I not only recommend these, but give them as gifts to other teachers. uni-ball Signo Gel 207 Retractable Roller Ball Pen, Medium Point, Translucent Barrel, Black Ink, 12-Pack (33950)

After writing for years with Pilot's G-2 pens, I thought I'd never fall in love with a plastic pen again. That was until I met the Uni-Ball Signo 207. Now when faced with the task of picking a G-2 or a 207 from my desk drawer, I hesitate. Like the G-2, it's refillable, reducing waste. The Signo 207 has smooth flowing ink that seems to last forever, a sharp fine point making the writing look elegant and as far as looks, it appears much more classy and expensive than the G-2 when it comes to plastic pens.

These are okay in a pinch, but not my favorite rollerball pen. I am a rollerball fanatic, always looking for the perfect black one. Sometimes you get a pen out of the pack with these that writes perfectly. Other times, you get a scratchy one that barely writes. For the price, it's not worth it. I spend more and get Sharpie brand fine point pens, which write well, last a LONG time and have very dark ink (as I prefer). They're not "perfect", but are better than this.

These pens write okay...most of the time. The trouble is that they tend to 'skip'-- they randomly quit writing. Usually, a quick scratch on a scrap of paper (or even a fingertip) will get the pen writing again. For what I do with them, they're OK. If I were working on something where I needed to have a pen that consistently wrote 100% of the time, I would try another pen.

These pens are great to have, a little pricey, but they smear and that's what makes it not a good pen to have with you unless you are writing things down and are not going to touch the paper you just wrote on for awhile.

Being stuck doing office paperwork for a good majority of my day, I need a pen that's comfortable. Since using these, I haven't ordered anything else. They last quite a while, and more importantly they are comfortable to use. These are excellent pens, great for taking notes in class or at work and perfect if you have small handwriting. Sure these are more expensive than some others, but it's well worth the price. Why not spend an extra dollar or two when it makes such a big difference?



If it wasn't clear from the above, I would HIGHLY recommend these pens.

I am picky about my writing utensils. When I find one l like, I am thrilled.

I love the way this one glides effortlessly across the page leaving a dark letters and numbers in its wake without having to apply a lot of pressure.



The rubbery plastic grip is textured for just the write grip.



I was skeptical because the price is fantastic at less that a dollar a pen, but this has become my pen of choice for sure!

The Uni-ball Signo Gel 207 retractable roller ball pens are the best medium priced ink pens I have ever used. I keep boxes of them in my desk and my co-workers ask for them as needed. That way they don't just disappear as the cheap pens do that I leave out for anyone to use. Our accountant really likes the red and blue ones, too.

This has become my favorite pen in the office and I've ordered boxes of the same pen in blue, black, and red ink. The pen is a little thick so if you have average to larger size hands it really fits nicely in your hand. The grip is soft and comfortable without being too crazy looking or sponge like. Most importantly these pens just write so smoothly and crisply. There is never any gaps like you see with those cheap gel pens and the point is thin/fine enough for people like me who tend to write as small as possible to fit more on a page.



The only problem with this pen is that it writes so well that people might end up stealing it or "purposely not returning it" when you leave it at their desk! - Gel Pen - Retractable - Uniball - Pen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information