Monday 12 September 2011

Safety Equipment - safety equipment, comfort


I spray all kinds of paints and clears in a shed and this thing totally eliminated any odors I was smelling before, it is pretty comfortable(against my face) however it is a bit hard to wear my glasses with it. I also wish the top head strap was just a bit beefier. If the elastic band were to break off of the plastic piece, it is not fixable.



I also would like to add that on this page, Mazon is trying to sell this filter along with the organic cartridges. IT clearly states in my instructions that the cartridges are NOT replacable on this unit. 3M Automotive (MMM7193) 3M Dual Cartridge Resirator Assembly, Organic Vapor/P95, large

I bought the 3M Half Face Respirator as part of a one-time project. I had to spray some 2-part, cyanoacrylate paint on a classic motorcycle I was restoring and had no respirator with the necessary 'organics filter.'



If you smell cyano fumes while you're painting, you're already permanently injured. The kidneys filter the particles and the pollutants stay there; they are not excreted. This one claimed to keep the fumes out, was under $20, and looked like it would do the job.



It did; I never got so much as a WHIFF of fumes while painting. The mask was comfortable, let me breathe easily, and fit very, very well.



I'd buy another one if I needed to do another project like this, although the mask can be safely stored in its (included) zip bag for up to a year after the bag is initially opened.



A simple, inexpensive product that works. What more can you ask? - Comfort - Safety Equipment - Mask - Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information