Thursday 15 September 2011

Samsung 1080p Lcd Hdtv - 37 inch lcd, samsung 1080p lcd hdtv


I couldn't be happier with this tv. I bought the 37" for the bedroom having recently purchased a Sony Bravia for the living room. Reviews of other Samsung tvs had mentioned the low sound quality. I think the sound quality is superb and beats the heck out of the new Sony I own. The picture is top notch and the set-up couldn't have been be easier.



There is a noticable glare on the screen when daylight shines on the screen which is why I purchased the Sony for the living room whose matte screen better suited bright room.



All in all, I am very happy with this purchase. Samsung LN37D550 37-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black)

I recently purchased this TV for my family room. Since I mainly watch tv from a small table in the kitchen adjacent to the family room I didn't want a really large screen as I would be sitting too close. The 37" size is perfect both for close viewing from the kitchen as well as viewing from a distance in the family room. There is a really nice feature which allows you to reduce the picture size so for close viewing I watch a reduced picture while for further distances I increase the picture to its full size. I don't have that capability on my Sony Bravia 40" which I use in the bedroom, and often the picture is just too large for comfortable viewing. The other great feature is the ability to plug an external hard drive into the USB port and watch all my videos. It plays virtually any file format including MKV,avi,DIVX etc. The picture clarity is excellent both with HDTV and the 720 and 1080p videos. Additionally, the stand swivels which is very convenient for viewing from different locations. Overall I am very pleased with the tv and highly recommend it.

I've had this tv for about 4 weeks now and really do love it. Running Comcast and picture is very sweet. Blue Ray looks awesome too. The speakers actually work pretty good as far as LCD's go but normally use the Def Techs for sound.

My main gripe is that Amazon originally posted this as a 120 Hz and its actually only 60 Hz. I didn't know this until it got to my house. Not cool.

Samsung didn't publish much info on the 2011 models so it was close to impossible to research too.



All in all its a great tv and I would proably buy it again I just wish Amazon would actually post what you get!

This is the second Samsung HDTV that I have purchased directly through Amazon.

Both units worked perfectly "right out of the box" and with minimum hassle.

The picture and sound qualities are excellent on both, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase(s).

The only concern with this delivery was a hole(actually two)in the side of the carton, which turned out to be on the face side of the TV. There is no internal protection of the unit other than some wrapping material. Needless to say, I was happy to see no damage.

Samsung should look into their packaging procedures.

This was advertised and sold as a 120Hz not a 60Hz HDTV. I tried to verify this at the time of purchase but information was not available from Samsung nor was there a 60Hz being sold by Amazon at the time of my order. So far after a month of viewing, the TV seems to operate okay, but it's disappointing to learn that this is a 60Hz HDTV instead of what I wanted to buy. I purposely looked for a 120Hz rated HDTV and could have paid less for 60Hz equivalent HDTV. Would prefer a better refresh rate than what I received and feel as though I've been deceived on my purchase. - Samsung 1080p Lcd Hdtv - 37 Inch Lcd - 120hz - 37 Inch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information