Monday 12 September 2011

Shrinky Dink - crafts, kid crafts


I remembered these from when I was a kid so we got some for ours. These are fun. The color goes on easy and you are free to use a stencil provided or to make your own stuff. If you write something on them small and then shrink them it is like micro printing a special message. When they shrink they get a little thicker and hard so they ring a little when they hit stuff. These make great cell phone charms. Use good markers to color them before shrinking. You can color both sides but it is difficult to match sides. It is cool when they shrink because it starts out so uneven like crinkled paper and in about fifteen seconds after it starts it evens out just right. We used our toaster oven with the pan covered in tin foil. Alex Toys Shrinky Dinks Kit, Jewelry

My 6 yr old daughter really enjoys coloring and making jewelry with shrinky dinks! We like to watch them melt, curl up, shrink and somehow magically turn into tiny pieces of really cute, durable artwork. I like them because they are not messy!

This was another christmas gift for our daughter. She loves arts and crafts. She also is a huge jewelry fan. This kit encompasses both of those things. She really enjoyed coloring the pieces and there were a suprisingly large amount of them. But the best part, of course, is watching them shrink in the oven!! The only downside to the product was the beading string that came with it. It is not very sturdy. I would recommend buying a stronger variety on your own.

My 4 year old and I spent an entire evening making every last bit of jewelry possible. Very fun pieces...and plenty of them. They all cooked and shrank just like they were supposed to. We highly recommend this to all shrinky dink fans!

Got 'em for the 5 year old in the house but I have to tell you they are SO FUN. There is something magical about things shrinking the way these do. They become these awesome hard button like things that look even better shrunk than not shrunk. Another one of those things, that at least with this brand, has not lost its quality in lie of profit. I'm buying the fairy set next then some blank sheets to make necklace items.





Nancy Rector

Author of "A Painful Truth - The Entrapment of America's Sick"

(How Being Ill Got Me Arrested)

Bought this for my 4-year-old daughter's birthday. We've pulled it out as an afternoon activity about 10 times, and she LOVES it. She turned some pieces into jewelry, and the rest are just her little "treasures." I've used this as a mother/daughter activity, a "go play by yourself" activity (just the coloring part), and a fun project for her and her friends. I'm a big fan.

I loved these when I was a kid, way back in the 70's. Still so much fun. Anyone who rates these as less than 5 stars is crazy. Fun shapes, easy to color, easy to follow directions. My 5 yr old made them all in 1 day and we had to get more the next weekend. Plus she was quiet for 2 hrs and didn't need or want any help. Awesome product! I would recommend them, the only thng was Alex Toys should have a jumbo pack avaible for parties, schools, etc......

I loved this as a child in the 1970's. I decided to buy them for my 9yr old niece this Christmas. She loved them just as much as I did in my childhood. Just goes to show you good creative toys still rule!

My 7 year old daughter loves this kit. I love that the patterns are already outlined and cut out, so all she has to do is color them in with the pencils included, and they turn out really cute. For the price, you can't beat it for keeping little girls occupied and having fun - there are plenty of pieces. My daughter has spent more time playing with this than virtually any other gift she got this Christmas! Highly recommended. - Kid Crafts - Crafts - Shrinky Dinks - Arts'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information