Wednesday 14 September 2011

Smoothie Maker - blender, blenders


I purchased this blender after reading reviews for it on a different site. Not only does it chop ice well for smoothies, but it is great at pureeing baby food. It is also easy to clean. This blender is used at least once a day in my house. I love this blender!! Hamilton Beach Smooth Pour 10-Speed Blender

I bought this blender about a month ago and it works quite well for it's price range. It cut and dice ices, strawberries, mangoes and other fruits to a nice smooth consistency. You still have to add some liquid in the beginning for it to do it's work but that's true for most blenders. Anyway, the blender does produce an electrical engine smell, but it does subside after prolong use. I would rate the noise level from low to moderate when compared to other blenders. One special thing about this blender is the nozzle at the top of the lid, it helps pour the mixtures very easily without creating drips. It's easy to clean, even without disassembling the lower bottom of the pitcher, which contains the base and blade, because of it's wide shape. Lastly, when I got this there was a noticeable crack on the pitcher, which is made of glass. But it was a small surface v shape crack on the side of the pitcher. Upon close inspection, I didn't bother returning it as I figured it wouldn't cause much problems in the future. So other than that and the smell it produce in the beginning, I will say this is a fairly good blender to purchase.

This is by far the best blender I've ever owned. I make smoothies on a daily basis, and this blender holds up great. It blends perfectly with no chunks, and I didn't notice the burning smell that some people mentioned. I would highly recommend this product.

I've used this blender for a week and it does a good job making smoothies from frozen fruit. As someone else mentioned in their review, it works best with some liquid inside. I find it works best with at least 1 cup of liquid to get things moving and mixing properly. I like making my smoothies with a base of almond milk, so it's not a big problem. More heavy-duty (and more expensive) blenders could probably do better if you want to make a really thick smoothie, but I like drinking my smoothies through a straw and this does make good milkshake-consistency smoothies. The smooth pour cap is pretty handy as well, and the whole thing is very easy to clean.

This blender is easy to use and works efficiently to pulverize frozen fruit and ice. The only draw back is a faint chemical smell, almost like burning rubber, when using. Hopefully this will go away with time.

I returned this blender because it was too much work to make smoothies. It says its supposed to crush ice but it wont even blend if there is ice in it. I have to keep mixing all the contents with a spoon until finally I ended up with a smoothie. It is not the worst blender in the world but if you want to make smoothies you have to keep mixing it up for it to blend. It also produces a horrible chemical smell. I would just wait till you can afford a better blender.

Awesome blender for the price. I've had it for a month now, using it almost daily. Blends ice pretty easily, sometimes you have pulse to help get it started depending on the amount of liquid you're using. The burning plastic smell doesn't seem to go away completely, but it's either less potent, or bothers me less. Either way, I barely notice it now. The wave technology is pretty cool. Makes great smoothies and margs so far!

My wife bought this blender primarily as a drink mixer: smoothies, milkshakes, daiquiris, etc. The wave action is perfect for this purpose. No more gap between the drink and blades, no ice chunks. The 2 concave parts on the sides of the glass help steer the item you are blending down to the bottom. The pour spout is also great. Only issue she has is that the lid is very tight, but I think that is just due to this item being new. I believe in time it will loosen up a bit. This product offers exactly what it says it will.

i love this blender! i have used it a few times a day ever since i received it. it blends VERY well and does not leave ice chunks. i did not notice an odor as someone else noted in their review. it isnt quiet and it isnt loud, it pretty much makes the noise you would expect. the only reason i didnt give it 5 stars is because i find that the top is hard to remove. the spout on top is very convenient, however. - Ice Crusher - Blender - Puree - Blenders'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information