Tuesday 6 September 2011

Squeaky Ball - tennis balls, squeaky ball


My dog loved these squeaky balls. The sound may be a little annoying sometimes though. However, I was mistaken in assuming that because these are balls made from the Kong brand, that they'd be pretty tough. My dog punctured holes in 2 of them within 15-20 minutes, and then it was no longer squeaky. Then he ripped the fuzzy fabric covering the ball off of it and tried to pull it off.



My dog is 35 pounds and a 9 month old puppy. He is pretty destructive, so within the context, this probably wasn't a good buy for him. This is a great squeaky fetch ball for dogs, but not durable like the other kong toys. KONG Air Dog Squeakair Birthday Balls Dog Toy, Medium, Colors Vary (Pack of 3)

My dog loves these! she usually rips tennis balls to pieces but she hasn't even tried to destroy them. I think it's because she likes playing with them and making crazy noises with them so much. She likes to play with all three at the same time and hide them under a blanket. Some people might get annoyed by these, dogs enjoy hearing themselves make noise (mine does at least). These are well worth the price. One thing though, i ordered these from amazon and it took over a month to get them.

I was under the impression that since it was a Kong toy it would be able to stand up to dog chewers like my black lab. The original kong toy lasts with him but the balls did not last. Was disappointed.

While the Kong dog toys we have previously purchased have been very durable,

this set of Kong Squeakair Birthday Balls has been anything but.

Our small 4 lb. dog has, within a few days of 10 minutes of very mild play time,

turned them into not one, not two, but three fuzz balls. Not good . . . at all!

Swallowing the fuzzy bits poses a health concern that could easily warrant a vet visit.

Especially if your dog is a chewer and/or a shredder,

do yourself and your pet a favor and bounce these from your cart!

~ Mrs. B. ~

My german shepherd Daisy loooooves these tennis balls. She carries them around with her everywhere she goes, even on walks! It's funny her bed in the kitchen we call her "nest" because of her collection of tennis balls on it. The squeaker balls are so much fun for her and she definitely prefers them to regular old tennis balls I've noticed! I always pick some of these up for her when I'm at the store :)

well i love the kong treat ball because my dogs cant destroy them! these lil tenis balls are great because they have squeakers in them (my dogs fav!) unfortunatly my destructive doggies tear the fabric off of the balls.. but on the other hand the ball is more durable than most things they destroy. they got their use out of it!

My corgi loves these balls because they squeak. He is not that interested in regular tennis balls. He loves to chase them in parks, play catch with them at home and retrieve them in water (they float.) I have found them to be very durable, although I don't expect a ball to last more than a week or so because we play pretty hard with them. I buy 6 at a time so I always have some on hand. I should also mention that my corgi can rip apart any plush toy in minutes, but he doesn't kill these balls. I am so happy I found them.

I got these for my 18lb terrier mix. My sister had some squeaker balls for her german shepard and pit bull puppies and brought them down one day. My dog loved them and wasn't able to destroy them. I saw them here and thought this is great. However, after 1.5 hours the first one was ripped apart, and my little girl isn't a power chewer, she can barely get treats out of a small puppy kong. The second squeaker was gone in about an hour and I had to take it away because I didn't want her rip apart or eat any of it while I was gone for a bit. I love the idea, these just aren't made well. The size was good though just a little smaller than a regular tennis ball.

Ever since they were puppies our two English bulldogs Popcorn and MERLE go crazy for Kong Squeaker tennis balls. It is as if they can smell them the minute the UPS man arrives at the front door. It is nothing but squeaky fun for hours! I have read previous reviews that say that the squeaker does not last long and if you have a serious chewer this can be true as the ball is not solid. However, for the price that Amazon offers these compared to the "chain" stores out there the couple of hours we get with the squeaker equals two tired puppies and quiet time for me later on.



Thanks for offering these at such a great price Amazon! Popcorn and MERLE thank you! - Tennis Balls - Kong - Squeaky Ball - Squeak Toys'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information