Tuesday 27 September 2011

Stickers - dvd labels, media labels


These labels are to be used with good inkjet printers, that could print GREAT covers to these magnificient glossy labels.



Please, make sure the difference between these ones and the matte ones (also from Memorex). Although still fine, the mattes DO NOT APPROACH the beauty prints the glossy ones can achieve.



Unfortunately, I have been seeing ONLY the matte ones in stores recently, and not the glossy ones. A pity! 20-labels White Photo Gloss CD Labels 1440dpi for Inkjets

The software is intuitive. If you don't like the supplied clipart ....... use your own. I've used the supplied software for over a year and prefer it over all others I've used. It allows use of any font. It allows scalable rounding of text. The complaint about graininess is caused by trying to enlarge an image too much. There are limits. I do multiple disc set sometimes and this software allows me to easily mark disc numbers. The labels themselves are opaque enough to hide most manufacturers pre-printed labels. If you are not happy with this product, you won't be happy with any other either.

I've used several packs of these labels to cover my DVD disc's. They make great repoductions of my pics or art work, etc. The main problem with them is how they go through the printer. I have used two different printers (i.e., H.P. deskjet 3745)... I ALWAYS PRINT ONE LABEL AT A TIME ... but if you place the full sheet in the printer (2 labels per sheet) - the first (or top) label prints fine, however the blank second (lower) label tends to peel off and jam the printer (a big mess to clean out). To solve this problem, I cut an unused sheet in half (making an upper & lower half) - but printer must have more than half sheet to completely print the upper label. SO, I "scotch tape" a half sheet of similar weight to the botton (i.e., 60 lb paper) - now I again have an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet ... then my upper (or first) label usually prints fine - with no jam.

..the real test of these labels is to try and insert the cd they've been applied to, into your cars cd player. In every instance they either wouldn't go in....or couldn't come out and and got stuck! They look great if your using them for your computer, but i don't recommend using them for your cars cd player.

We had an order to produce about 100 CDs that had some high definition graphics as part of the CD label. Regardless how we tried the artwork did not come though with its full brilliance and definition when we used even the best photo quality matte finished labels. The producer then decided to give this product a try and we were all very pleased with the results.



The photo quality showed up very well once we started using these labels. Also, these labels are a bit thicker and seemed to apply to the CDs a bit easier than some of the other types of CD labels. What was most important is that the client was very pleased with the result.



Overall we give it 4 out of 5 only because we could not find a source from which to purchase them in quantity with the appropriate price break if we should need them again. For the price, they are great for short runs but if one is doing a large run then these are a bit pricey.

I have used Memorex Labels for years, and have only recently been purchasing them from Amazon, because of the amazing cost savings. I have printed literally thousands of DVD's / CD/s, all with only Memorex labels, and can say, without a doubt, that they are first rate in quality, adherence to the CD / DVD, and in appearance. I've yet to have any misprinting, due to offset or misalignment, and the only thing that I can say, is that for first class reproduction, opt for the more expensive "Gloss" labels. I buy the 300 packs, for mass distribution, but for myself, I always go with gloss. Other than that, I don't have a negative thing to say. They work perfectly, and everyone that I've given discs to, has been thrilled with the results.

A little expensive, but they're made of extremely professional quality. The paper is very thick and shiney and makes for a great face of a CD! When you print photos on it, they come out with truer ink coloring than the matte labels do. Very nice!

These are terrific for making your own labels for DVD's. I made DVD albums of old VCR tapes for the grandkids and put my favorite pictures of them on the labels. They loved them. Also buying this way is easier and cheaper than buying locally. Most local stores do not stock a good supply. - Cd - Dvd Labels - Media Labels - Labels'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information