Thursday 22 September 2011

Swimming - reusable swim diaper, swim diapers


We bought this for our 2 1/2 year old and it has worked well so far!



Pros:

Saves on cost of disposable swim diapers - especially since he often goes in our pool for just a few minutes each day

We haven't found the need for more than one, it dries out in between uses no problem



Cons:

The white fabric has gone somewhat yellow :-) Stain removing washing has helped, but in future we might consider a colored swim diaper instead iPlay White Ultimate Swim Diaper, White, 4T

I love this diaper, it is so much better than the sun smarties brand. It has a heavy duty cloth material in the diaper so there is less leakage. My son properly pooped 10 times in this diaper and no poop got in the pool at all, it stayed in there diaper. The only negatively thing about this diaper is that it can be messy taking off when poop is involved, especially a lot of it. My way of dealing with it is putting him in the tub with the diaper on and just taking the diaper off there and hosing my down, a lot less mess.

Price is great, saved us a lot of money, I will recommend this product to everyone. Very well made. My son is 28 lbs and we got size 3t to have some extra room in there.

We use this week after week for my daughter's swim class and it still holds up great! It's been in the chlorinated pool for about 12 weeks now and it still is white. I do wash it immediately after using it though... (in cold water, but I throw it in the washing machine with a mesh bag, even though it says to hand wash -- I don't have time for that!)

This product was not what I was expecting. The material, the sizing and elasticity of the leg holes. This needs to be snug in order to do it's keep poo in the pants job. The material is the same as a hospital bed protector material. The printed Iplay swim diapers are what I recommend.

The title pretty much sums it up. If you are looking for an inexpensive swimming diaper, look no further. Why spend 15 or 20 bucks on the thing when you can pick this sucker up for 10. It works and it goes under the swimsuit anyway- so you don't need all the ruffles or designs. Highly recommend

Every time I read about swim diapers, I read that they aren't meant to absorb, just to contain solids. Since I want to be able to put my kids in their swimsuits *before* we get to the pool, rather than AT the pool (or beach), this was a problem. The disposable swim diapers don't hold any urine at all. I was a bit skeptical when I read that this one would absorb, but looking at the diaper, it's obvious. And it works, too - we took my daughter to the beach, and she was terrified of the ocean - she wouldn't go near it. But we had her in this diaper and her swimsuit for about an hour, while she played in the sand. The diaper was wet when we came back, but her suit was dry - no leaks. Of course, it probably isn't as absorbent as a regular diaper, but compared to other swim diapers, I'm pretty impressed.

This is otherwise a very high quality and comfortable swim diaper- it's extremely soft. However, it's inferior to disposable swim diapers in some ways because it's not meant to handle poop accidents while in the pool. Disposable swim diapers are much more snug and safeguard against poop too.



That being said, if your child is potty trained and you need a swim diaper for your local pool- this is a great choice. It's easily washable and doesn't chafe against kids skin.

Works well, washes well, contains solid waste. The side snaps are key in getting the diaper off without making a mess. Seems like a better alternative to disposable swim diapers for the environmental impact and cost. Buy two so you have a spare in case of a big accident. Very pleased overall!

I bought two of these for use at our local pool, and for a beach vacation later in the summer. Even though my daughter is 2 1/2, I bought the three-year size after going over the measurement/size chart. So far, the diapers have held up well to chlorine and to being washed in the machine (air dry, please!) My daughter doesn't complain about the leg or waist elastic; and the openings are definitely snug enough to contain anything that might fall their way. I also like the fact these diapers have some light absorbancy in them. They also are roomy enough to wear over a disposable swim diaper, if you needed to. (Some pools are extra-fussy about that.) The diaper does stick out beyond the leg holes of my daughter's swimsuit, but that doesn't bother me. - Reusable Swim Diaper - Pool Diaper - Swim Diapers - Diaper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information