Wednesday 14 September 2011

Training Aids - lap count, lap counters


Wow my kids love these and so do I!!!



I purchased these fins after seeing the swim school use these as swimming aides for toddlers & kids. Adds comfort and CONFIDENCE for the kids, fits extremely well for smaller sized feet (kids sizes 6 & 9), and stays on without loosening. As others have mentioned, the fins do correct body position in the water. I also used these for snorkeling with my 5 yr old in open water.



The strap has three adjustment snaps...three on the fin and three on the heel strap. You can use one, two, or three to size up or down from the standard size (all three connected). We use all three for both kids, which may add to the security of the clasp. If you need to size up or down and connect with one or two snaps, these fins may not be as secure...something to keep in mind. Finis Fishtail Baby Fins (Blue)

I bought two pairs, different sizes for my 3 & 6 year old boys. These fins really helped influence the correct horizontal swimming posture. Before using these fins, my boys were always exhausting themselves with a "bicycle" kick and they tended to remain in a more vertical/upright position which also tended to cause them to sink.

Once they had these fins on their feet, their posture changed and their ability to achieve some actual propulsion in the water gave them the confidence to truly swim. My 6 year old literally went vest free and eventually fin free within a week. He is now swimming on his own but occassionally wears his fins still for the speed and efficiency. My 3 year old loves them and though he still wears a vest, I have observed considerable progress in an improved swimming form/posture and the fins have definately boosted his confidence in keeping up with his big brother.

I highly recommend these and in fact I've bought two additional sets for my two nephews. - Swimming - Lap Counters - Counter - Lap Count'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information