Sunday 18 September 2011

Usb Cable


When I first purchased my Nuvi 255W I tried connecting to my PC using a USB cable I already had that was for another GPS receiver. I was able to charge the Nuvi but I could not get my PC to recognize it and do updates to the unit. After receiving this cable I had no problems at all connecting and updating my Nuvi. Guess it goes to show that not all USB cables are the same. Garmin USB Cable

This is just a standard usb "Mini-B plug" - I bought it alongside my Garmin Nuvi 1350T GPS, but I should have just waited. I already have two such wires, one that came with a digital camera and another with a hard drive.



If you are not sure if you have one or not, do your research into the different types of USB connectors and see if you have one that looks like a "Mini-B plug" - it could save you the price of this product.



That said, this wire is high quality and works well. I have kept mine and it will be useful to me. I just know I wouldn't have coughed up the cash for it if I had known then what I know now.

After comparing this cable to others in my collection, I think it may be a generic USB A-mini-B cable, which would be available for less from a good computer discount warehouse. I gave this one only 4 stars because the mini-B end will bend if the Garmin is moved while the cable has no slack. However, this may be a fault of the mini-B design and not the cable per se. Overall, I am well satisfied with this purchase.

I think the USB cable bring the Garmin to full capabilities. It is a MUST inorder to register and / update your GPS with the latest data as well as to do some "fun"stuff like changing vehicles to a lot of choiices.. Good buy .'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information