Thursday 1 September 2011

Usb Extension - usb cable, usb cable extension


I got this 15 foot USB cable to allow me to position a Netgear WG111 wireless adapter further away from a non-wired computer to improve the signal strength to a router in another part of the house. Combined with Netgear's 6 foot USB cable (supplied with the adapter), the total length is 21 feet. This exceeds the recommended maximum USB cable length, but it works fine for this adapter. For me, it was the least expensive solution for improving wireless connectivity. 15 Foot USB 2.0 Extension Cable

This USB extension cable worked fine for about a week but then started dropping the connection a few times a day. It was being used as an extender for a wireless USB dongle so when the connection dropped so did my internet connection. It became very annoying when streaming video so I stopped using it. Since it was so cheap sending it back and requesting a new one was more hassle than it was worth. I suppose you get what you pay for.

The PS3 seems to have problems with wireless controllers - they freeze up at times. These cables extend the PS3 USB cables to a length where they can be used comfortably, and eliminate those problems completely. While I expect Sony to solve the problems eventually, these make an excellent temporary solution, and will be usable elsewhere later.

I got this extention cable because I am deployed and we have wifi capability. Since my rack is on the bottom, I need some cable that is long enough to connect to the wifi reciever and into my computer. Lenght was not an issue, However functionality of this particular USB is FLAWED that not even my computer was able to recognize it. Assuming that the computer's port has malfunctioned, I connected another USB cable to see if that is the issue. Wrong. This cable is no good. I would not suggest buying it. I took my K bar and ripped it into pieces. One angry Marine.

This cable works fine. I noted that some reviewers have had problems stringing these together. That is probably because the maximum length of a USB link, per the specification, is 5 meters, which is 16 feet 5 inches. So anything longer may not work.

I had a problem, when i played guitar hero the dongle receivers for the guitars didn't work as they should, the signal went on and off every now and then. I have my PS3 very far away from the tv and there are some walls blocking the signal, so the only option left for me was to put the receivers closer to our play area, i saw this cables and I was a little worried about the length, maybe it was too long and the signal wouldn't reach, but the cables worked like a charm.



The dongle receivers are little plastic cases that let you connect the guitar hero drums or guitar wirelessly and these do not have an energy source, and the cable still manages to send and receive the signals.



You won't regret your purchase.

I bought this to use to extend my Xbox Kinect. Don't buy this if your buying it for Kinect, or Playstation Move. It's not powerful enough, and it drops the connection all the time. I also used it for a wired mouse from across the room, just to test it on my projector. It worked fine, but I could see some obvious skips in the mouse every so often, so the connectivity probably isn't the best. For simple USB accessories this would probably be fine, but for anything complex I'd advise against it.

I would not recommend this if you need to charge a Zune or iPod from afar, the power to device seems to go on and off an totally off. Good for connecting to usb devices that have an external power supply. - Usb Cable - Cables - Usb Cable Extension - Usb Extension'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information