Tuesday 6 September 2011

Waste Of Money - ethernet cables, cat5


Being honest and frank here, it's a Cat5 cable and it works. I can't really gauge how well it works but I can tell you that I'm online using the cable as I type this and since I've been using the cable I've had no connectivity issues with it. The only drawback is that the plastic casing around the cable is not a high quality material that one may find on name brand cables so it doesn't really look as nice but big deal, I bought it for function, not for aesthetics. The shipment came quickly and I was pleased with that. In short, if you need an inexpensive Cat5 cable then I recommend you get this one. Cat5e Network Cable 25ft. (Blue)

The overall rating of this product was good, so I was both disappointed and surprised to find that the cable didn't work.



Upon close examination of the photos on the sale page, I realized that this is not a single product. If you closely examine the photos of the item show at least 3 different products. And the one that they shipped me was a 4th and cheaper looking version.



The text printed on the side says "Global Link Network Patch Cable 5e 4pr-etl tia/eia-568b". The plastic filling is irregular and shows bubbles. The plastic is extremely soft and has an odd smell. Did I mention that the cable didn't work? There's no way this meets 5e standards.



I ordered 2 other cables at the same time of different lengths. This one,sold by: fastvibes, was the only one that didn't work. The best quality one was sold by: Amamax.



If I see another cable for sale by Amamax I might buy it, but otherwise, based on my experience and the reviews, buying a network cable from this page is a crapshoot- not worth it. Amazon has some QA/QC issues to work on here.

There isn't much you can say about a network cable... it works, I get good speeds over my gigabit ethernet. The clips on the ends look like they could break off pretty easy, but that shouldn't be a concern if you don't plan on plugging/unplugging frequently. Great value for a 25ft cable.

This Cat5e works as it should. The plastic casing is pretty flimsy and doesn't provide the cord with much protection. If I needed a more durable cord, I wouldn't choose this one. However, I don't move the cord around a lot, and it's in an out of the way area. I don't expect the casing will be a problem for me. This is a good cable for my needs at a great price. - Cat5 - Ethernet Cables - Cat5e - Ethernet'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information