Monday 5 September 2011

Watches To Consider - watches, mens watch


I recently bought this watch because my old watch was pretty much gone. I was initially drawn to the classy design that is complex yet not crowded, a look that I really like personally. Watch fits perfectly after I removed a few links, which was rather difficult. I have a fairly large wrist and had to adjust the clasp to its smallest setting and remove two links, so be prepared. I was using a tack and an ink pen to remove the link pins so that's probably why it was difficult. Which dial was which did befuddle me a bit but I finally figured out that the larger second hand was actually the one for the stopwatch, not the smaller top dial. Overall great watch and I really like how it fits my wrist. The case is big enough to not feel puny yet thin enough to not feel bulky. Solid feeling stainless construction is a plus. The sliding bezel is very nice and smooth, doesn't click like most watches... That could be a positive or negative, depends on one's tastes, personally it didn't really matter to me. The bezel does stay in place well even without clicks. Can't really think of anything else to write, overall great watch, great price, and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.



**Update**



I actually just purchased my second Aviator just the other day because mine was broken by an accident where the original watch got pulled off of my wrist rather violently, bending the band and rendering it inoperable. This was no fault of the watch and I think one would be hard pressed to find a watch that wouldn't have broken in the instance. I just wanted to let everyone know that this watch is still a great buy! You can beat the price and over a year and half later the original is still ticking just fine. It feels great to have my watch back!



PS - I would have sent the original to get fixed but it made more sense to just buy a new one instead of paying roughly $30 for the old one to be fixed. Casio Men's MTP4500D-1AV Slide Rule Bezel Analog Chronograph Aviator Watch

Sturdily built watch and wrist band. Extremely accurate (compares very favorably with my Swiss made watch costing much, much more) BUT what is supposed to make this an aviator watch is the circular slide rule (used by me to compute ground speeds) and on this watch is totally useless!! One scale is is on the outside of the dial face and adjustable, as it should be, the other is under the crystal, and has no business whatsover of being there. This mis-arrangement of scales always presents a very large parallax error, making calculations absolutely totally impossible to perform. If you want to use this feature -DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH!

I've had this watch for a couple of months now and it has really met (or exceeded) my expectations. It has a really nice overall weight and "feel" and (so far) keeps good time.



The band was quite large, so I had to remove several links. There were no instructions in the box on how to do so, but a quick Google search provided the help that I needed.



Some might consider the face to be a little cluttered and it would be nice to have a calendar function. I knew that it didn't when I ordered it, so I certainly can't fault the watch.



I would recommend this watch to anyone looking for a timepiece in this price range. FYI... I also purchased the Casio Men's Sea Analog Illuminator Dual LED Dive Watch #MDV102-1AV and I am glad that I did. I now have two distinctly different watches that can be worn alternately, depending on the situation.

This is a great watch. It keeps time very well, plus it looks and feels like a much more expensive watch. My only complaint is that it doesen't have a DATE reading--thus it looses a star. If it had that I would have bought 2 more of them!

This is a great looking watch. Only downfall is that the log scales aren't quite right for the slide rule (ex. 3.0 x 3.0 yields 8.9). But not much of a problem since most of the people interested in this watch won't be using it as a calculator.

This is very good and accurate watch. although the description says +-1 sec difference every month on an average, it has been very accurate so far for me. no time difference at all and trust me i have used in wisconsin winter. :)

the stopwatch click switches are little creeky but thats alrite as per me. nothing to be really bothered about.

there is another small problem because of which i gave it a 4 star and not 5 is the second hand is a very small one and not placed on the main dial. the main dial second hand is used for stopwatch whereas the second hand is one of the smaller secondary dials. it becomes confusing at time.

other than that there is absolutely no problem. feels really good on wrist. not heavy at all. - Watches - Mens Watch - Chronograph - Analog'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information