Saturday 10 September 2011

Wireless Adapter - samsung, samsung wireless adapter


I bought this adapter for my Samsung TV (PN50C6500) as a much cheaper alternative to the Samsung WiFi dongle (at $30 it's less than half the price of Samsung's) and it works perfectly. I literally just took it out of the box, plugged it into the USB port on the TV, followed the prompts on the screen to connect it to my network (I used the WiFi Protected Setup - WPS) and it worked seamlessly. I didn't plug it into my PC first or install the PC software that comes with it or do any configuration beforehand.



There are two small things to think about that are relevant only for advanced users. The first is actually an issue with the TV and not the dongle but affects connectivity when using the two together. If your network password is long and contains special characters, it will not automatically connect to the network when you turn on the TV (you can manually enter the password each time and it connects just fine - but that's a bit annoying). The simple fix is to just have a shorter (6-7 character) password with only letters and numbers. When I did that, the TV connects to the network automatically every time. I say it's a problem with the TV only because when I use the adapter with my PC is has no problem connecting to the network with long and complicated passwords. The second very small comment I have is that the Rosewill PC interface is a bit complicated to use. On the positive side, it's very flexible and will allow you a large degree of customization but that might overwhelm the novice user. Of course, if you are just using it to connect your TV to your WiFi network it's irrelevant - you don't even need to install the software.



I've used the Rosewill adapter for two months now and it does a good job of streaming video and other content from my server to my TV as well as accessing the Samsung Apps. For anyone looking to connect their Samsung TV to a wireless network, this is an excellent choice and a great value. Rosewill RNX-N1 Wireless-N 2.0 Dongle 02.11b/g/n USB2.0

This little adapter is a real treat, and works seamlessly to stream video and audio from my new Samsung BD-C-5500 BluRay Player without fail, and I mean it connects to my network quickly, reliably, fast, every single time so far (almost one week of a LOT of use). I am using it to stream Vudu films, Netflix films, and Pandora Radio (free service) all through WIFI connectivity from the Rosewill RNX-N1 Wireless Adapter that is just simply plugged into the rear WiFi/USB Port on the BluRay player, and I'm giving it no special treatment whatsoever, it just works great!



Initially I simply plugged the adapter in, gave it a few seconds to sync up with my Samsung BluRay player's interface, chose Wireless out of "Settings" on the BluRay device screen on my HDTV, entered my password for the network (which by the way is 16 numerals and numbers, no special characters), and BAM! This little sucker connected immediately, without any fanfare, prompts or special service rendered, it just worked right out of the box without fail!



I installed NOTHING into my PC or software/hardware preparation with the new Samsung BluRay player, just simply plugged this little magic deal into the USB/WIFI port in the back of the machine and BAM! Worked perfect and has worked every time I have turned on the BluRay player, which I am using for a lot of things other than just BluRay playing things, with the Samsung Apps for the above features, and more, so Kudos to Rosewill (newegg.com) for making this device so adaptive, simple, and most of all effective! It's just a treat without wings, you know?



It comes with a software bundle for using it with a PC but for the Samsung TV's and BluRay players both apparently, it needs NADA, nothing, zilch for setup...it simply auto-sets-up immediately just as it did with my new Samsung BluRay player. I have to say I am a bit shocked that it works so well, frankly speaking. I expected having to modify my password, connecting it through my PC first maybe for starters, but you know I just simply didn't have to do anything but install it directly into the BluRay player and BAM! Worked perfectly straight out of the box.



Versus the factory Samsung device, which is something like $70 retail price or higher, this device at only $25 shipped from Amazon.com is the cat's meow of USB network adapters. I cannot see any drawback, it has a substantial array of uses apart from a WIFI dongle for my Samsung BluRay player, apparently, but all I use it for is the one, single use with the player and it's just a treat! Could not be more simple, straightforward, or effective, all three it scores 10 out of 10 points!



That is about a wrap for my take on this WiFi adapter, and there's nothing like a simple, elegant and effective item to jar your senses upright and solid! I recommend this without any qualification whatsoever for others with the Samsung BluRay players, any of them apparently that needs the adapter. Do NOT waste your $$$'s on the Samsung adapter when this works so well, in fact PURRRFECTLY! There's no reason to spend $70+ on the Samsung gadget when this works at least as well, perhaps better, than the OEM thing could ever work...I mean what do I know I haven't tried the factory job, but I know this works without fail and there's nothing like that sort of recommendation to give to a product, this is top drawer, head of the class!



Wavey Davey - 4-25-2011 - Samsung Wireless Adapter - Usb Wireless - Samsung - Wireless Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information