Wednesday 28 September 2011

Wood Working - handsaws, wood working


I grew up using these saws,My Dad,My Grandad,All God's (carpenter) children had one of these,,,,well, Not one of these,,, exactly. I still have one that may be 30 years old. Grandad may have used it, I don't know, but I remember Dad using it. Dulls quickly. Hard to find anyone to sharpen it. So I bought one of these a few years ago, the packaging says it stays sharp longer and cuts more aggressively. And I found this to be very true. The aggressive cut could be considered by the old-timers to be a fault, it does leave a good deal of tear-out. But the majority of the time I'm not using this for trim. For trim I use the old quick dull,close tooth antique. Also a good buy, is the shorter version of this saw. It fits in most tool boxes and is very handy. Either saw is good for finishing a pocket cut or an intersecting cut,,or even hacking off the occasional 2x4. I've even used it as a rasp to knock the end off of a protuding top plate at wall intersections. Useful tool, if you have an electric circular saw, you need one of these. Make your Grandad proud. Meanwhile, I'm learning how to resharpen the old antique. Stanley 20-065 26-Inch 12 Points Per Inch ShortCut Saw - Wood Working - Hand Tools - Coping Saw - Handsaws'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information