Tuesday 20 September 2011

Woodworking - rotary tool accessories, cut


I mounted the saw on my proxxon micromot (basically a high-end dremel) for the first time, started it up, mandrel instantly bent to a right angle and I had a very scary saw blade going round and round on the end of the right angle mandrel. Very exciting. Took a look to see if I could have mismounted the blade offset. No. Threw the kit out. 5 Pcs. High Speed Steel Saw Blade w/ 2 Mandrels

Taking a gamble, I hoped these blades would assist me in cutting some pine I'm working with, but unfortunately after some time trying to cut through the 3/4" thick board the 2" blade cracked in two. I'm not an experienced woodworker, so I'll shoulder some of the fault on possibly bad technique. But I'm disappointed that not one hour in to using these blades I've already lost the largest one, which I needed. Of course this isn't the fault of the seller, but the manufacturer. The price listed here is by far the lowest I've seen on these blades, but with my experience today this is the most they're worth. So I am labeling these a 2 out of 5, currently.

Sketchy quality is what I should have expected from SE, but the thought of having a 2" free-saw for my Dremel was too tempting, so I ordered them anyway.

The arbor screw and the arbor hole are not the same size, and it does not self center, so there is no way to achieve balance in the mounted blade. It caused massive vibration at all but top speed and then would slow down and chatter at the slightest load.

Poorly designed and made product that I felt at risk when using.

Returned for refund.

To put it simply the arbor screw was to small . I looked around for one in my junk box. No luck, probably metric ? To say nothing obout the fact there is no gaurd . But I new that going in . My only course of action was to send it back . It would have been more logical to me if I could have had them send me a screw . But that was not an option. Your return policy is GREAT!!!!!!!

I have ordered this twice now, and both times I received 1 mandrel and 1 blade. Don't order if you want the 2 mandrels and 5 blades in the picture, as they won't ship it. Looking for a reputable company now. - Cut - Dremel - Rotary Tool Accessories - Demel Tool'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information