Monday 26 September 2011

Wrist Supports - weight training, wrist supports


The suitability of these gloves depends on what type of lifting you enjoy. With padding on the palm and fingers, your entire gripping surface is cushioned. Such padding is common on bicycling gloves where hours of continuous pressure and vibration can cause numbness and pain. Yet, most serious lifters would probably forgo comfort for better control provided by unpadded gloves.



Traditional weight lifting gloves are made from durable but supple leather to prevent calluses and improve grip. The latter becomes critically important when perspiring. In my experience, having no padding is best - especially when lifting heavier weight. Basically, the compliance of the padding reduces your level of control. At the same time, there is an undesirable absorption of energy, albeit a miniscule amount.



The quality of the materials and construction of the Harbinger 1250 gloves is the best I have seen. Clearly, the expense in making these gloves is significantly higher than in other products I have owned by Nike and Gold's. Unfortunately, the generous use of thick split leather and padding provides insulation that causes excessive heat buildup. With heat comes sweat. I find myself taking these gloves off multiple times during my workout to let the sweat evaporate. It would be nice if there were perforations or large vents on the back to mitigate this problem.



While these gloves might be ideal for certain lifters who prefer comfort over control, I would counsel gym rats to purchase other gloves with less or no padding. Kudos to Harbinger for making a quality product, but these gloves aren't for everyone.





Pros

Superior materials

Excellent double stitching

Comfortable wrist wrap





Cons

Expensive

Excessive padding

No perforations to dissipate heat and perspiration Harbinger Training Grip WristWrap Glove (Large)

Well, these are truly the best top of the top gloves.

a b bit warm, not a lot air going inside, but excellent quality.



I bought this Large size, and was very disappointed to find out

i'm XL...

I never have thought to check in their site with see if the

size would fit me, because all my current gloves are Large and fits good.



Their definition of Large isn't exactly what you would expect, so

measure your hands before you order! (there's a guide in their website).

I am very satisfied with this product.



These are my first gloves with extended finger length, which I find now as a big plus especially when doing wrist curls. Wrist wrap works great for me with weak wrists. Padding is very good as well, without it interfering with normal hand fold. I read some reviews commenting on how uncomfortably warm they would get when used; I personally have not felt it; what I do agree with is that taking gloves off is not easy. I found that pulling fingers out first is the less difficult way. I actually wanted to buy the newer model which allows for machine wash, but Amazon did not have L size in stock.



These minor details do not demerit the 5 star rating though.

I work out 3-5 times a weeks, both machine and free weight. I'm not a heavy lifter. Usually, 10 reps (or close to that until failure), 3 sets per excercise. Just make sure you get the right size. Control and grip is perfect for me. I don't have excessive sweaty palms so no issue here.

I'm on my second pair (eventually you are going to tear them up depending on how hard you work out). Once I'm through these I'll buy them again, I have some wrist problems and these really help out a lot. The way the wrap is incorporated into the glove, IMHO, makes them more effective than just using a wrap.

I have bilateral carpal tunnel and I *love* these gloves. They really help keep the wrists straight and help you keep good form. I would thoroughly recommend them. I find the padding on the palm and fingers very comfortable. Definitely worth the money.

Great gloves. I'm not a heavy lifter, but use my gloves on average 3 times a week and these have held up great for about a year. I recently ordered a second pair from Amazon as the others were starting to wear out, but they held up a lot longer than other gloves I've used. The wrist strap gives extra support and I can't imagine lifting with out it now. Great gloves.

The gloves have a tight, solid feel, and are made of good materials. The manufacturer describes a new feature, "Innovative curved finger design that offers a natural, flexible and comfortable fit". That sounds good, but does not add any real comfort to the glove. You still have the excess padding when making a fist that makes it more difficult to grab the bar.



Pros:



Solid feel; good padding; good materials, overall design and craftsmanship; the "No Sweat" wicking system seems to work and there is no dark residue left on the hands after the workout, which is not the case with most manufacturers using cheaper materials.



Cons:



Excess inner padding affecting the grip; no "easy-off" feature offered by many other manufacturers; a wrist wrap that takes some tweaking to be comfortable.

I have used Harbinger wrist wrap's (1250) for many, many years and will continue to do so. But the fact remains the quality is not nearly what it used to be. I work out 5 days a week and I rotate 3 pair of Harbinger 1250's so I never use one pair more than twice a week. Years ago a pair would last several months with minimal wear, now within 1 month the leather wears down to the point that the barbells actually slip from the glove, this has been happening for a good year and never happened previously. Most likely they are using a lower grade of leather. Insterad of buying a new pair every 6 months it's now every 3. But my options are limited.... - Weight Lifting Gloves - Weight Training - Wrist Supports - Glove'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information