Tuesday 13 September 2011

16gb Sdhc Memory Card


I received this item as a gift since I love taking pictures and HD video. All of that can really eat up space quickly, so I was glad I got a SDHC card.



I've used many other amazon basic items like HDMI cables and other electrical cords, and they've all served me well, so I didnt worry about a amazon branded SDHC card. For all I know, they're probably made on the same assembly line as a big brand name card like SanDisk or PNY.



Write speeds, they're quick. My old camera used to make me wait 2-3 seconds after taking a photo, and waiting for it to write on my old old SanDisk 2GB SD card. Now after using this, instantly, I can shoot more photos and videos without needing to wait for it to write to the card.



Read speeds are pretty quick, all my pictures and videos showed up within seconds. My old Sandisk would make me sit there for a minute or two while it read each image and created preview icons for them in windows.



I highly recommend it to anyone who's into photography or just likes to shoot tons of videos/photos. I tend to copy everything and save it on my computer when the card starts to get full, but if you're the type of person who saves it all on SD cards for a long time, you might opt to get a 8 or 16GB card instead. AmazonBasics 16GB Class 4 SD Flash Memory Card

The card certainly has capacity to spare, even shooting RAW files. However, like many of you I enjoy taking photographs at sporting events and that is where the difference between a class 4 card and a class 6 card (which I have several of) shows up.



The slower writing speed on the class 4 card, and slower transfer speed when off-loading the images to my computer, is disappointing ~ enough so that I will sacrifice capacity for enhanced speed when making future purchases.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information