Tuesday 13 September 2011

Pen Refills - g2, gel pen


Superlative ink. Somehow, though, it manages to be the same price or even slightly more expensive than a pair of new pens. It would be a responsible choice on the manufacturer's part to pass along some of the cost savings associated with reduced materials to the consumer, not only as an incentive to make a less ecologically harmful decision, but also as a reward to the product loyalty inherent in buying refills for a disposable pen.



You could write it off as being stingy but I think they would sell a lot more of these if they were a nickel less expensive than the pens for which they are intended. Then everyone can feel good about reducing waste. Until then, I'll keep putting India ink in my Rapidograph. Pilot G2 Gel Ink Refill, 2-Pack for Rolling Ball Pens, Extra Fine Point, Black Ink (77232)

The G2 makes writing easy on the hand, but it tends to burn through ink very quickly. These refills let you get some more life out of the pens instead of just throwing them away. My original pens had 0.7 mm cartridges, but these 0.5 mm fit just as well.

This ink and the 0.38 are the only gel ink I'll ever use as a refill. It writes light and thin which makes whatever I'm writing smooth and neat. I just wish 0.5 and 0.38 were more readily available in stores instead of having to order online. Great ink and great pen that accompanies it

I absolutely love theses pens and the refills. I have an impossible time finding the refills for this size anywhere other than online! A must for College students or anyone in the medical profession, like I am!

It was maddening when the refills cost as much as a new pen. I figure with Subscribe and Save or at Costco you can get each pen for about $1. So it made no economic sense to pay $2 for one refill. I hated throwing away reusable pens. So I'm really glad that Amazon finally has them at around 0.70. Unfortunately, I had tossed all my pens as I couldn't find reasonable refills, but now I can stock up. These really are the best pens: comfortable, easy to write with, mostly non-smearing on regular paper. (It will smear on glossy paper before it dries.) - Pens - G2 - Gel Pen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information