Wednesday 7 September 2011

17 Inch Laptop Bag - laptop backpack, economical


Yes, it fits the largest 17.3" laptops!



I've had this backpack for over a couple of weeks now and I love it. I like the sleek, non-bulky profile, it's about as professonal looking pack you're going to find, and the gray strip isn't as light or stand out as much as the pictures make it look like.



SIZE: I labored over whether to get this one or the 17" V7 Professional Laptop Bag for around the same price because the dimensions on that pack read slightly bigger (depending on which source you're getting the dimensions from) and I was concerned my Dell 17R (n7110) 17.3" laptop might not fit since the dimensions of the computer are slightly larger than what the literature says will fit in the padded laptop compartment, but it fits perfectly and even has about an inch to spare on top. A relative has the HP G71 17.3" and that fits perfectly too, so I wouldn't worry about whether your particular 17" will be too big for it.



COMPARTMENTS:I recently started tutoring college students and found myself carting my 17" laptop everywhere, so when I bought a new one a few weeks ago to replace my aging one, I decided I really needed a pack for it and it has a surprising amount of room. It has 4 compartments. One specifically padded for the computer; one behind that for files, a couple of books or whatever. (I can fit 14" legal pads in there no problem along with a text book that I might be using to teach one of my students); the 3rd outer compartment is for wires, chargers, etc. , and then there I is one small wallet/cell phone size compartment on the very outside.



QUALITY: The pack seems to be very well made including the zippers. They are not as heavy duty as you're going to see on good luggage, but they are perfect for this pack. I've had cheap zippers on packs that have broken, but these are of much better quality than those. The loop handle on top also seems plenty sturdy and well sewn, and I have no fear of picking the pack up this way. And I don't know how to explain it, but it makes the computer feel light when you're carrying it and is very comfortable. The padding between your back and the pack is especially good. Is the rest of the padding made so you can really bang it around with the computer inside? No. Someone complained that they were worried it didn't have enough padding if they dropped their pack or when it fell off a table. Seriously? If you're that rough on a laptop, then you need a big padded suitcase for it. Ha! Is it fine if you bump it against things? Yes. This morning I tried to fit my travel coffee mug into the mesh compartment and it was a tight fit, but it fit.



CONS: If I had any small complaint, it's that this outer compartment isn't set up to organize things as much as I expected from the pictures. It's basically just another rather large compartment (which is nice), but has only three small compartments up pretty high that are about 4" deep, and that's it for organizational slots. They are fine for a pair of glasses, a couple of pens, etc. but nothing more.



All in all, great pack and perfect for my needs. I think it's a steal for the price and quality. I can't see how this pack won't last for years. Case Logic VNB-217 Value 17-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black)

great, I've been looking for a nice slim backpack to carry my laptop, binders, folders, portable hard drive, card readers, etc.



The part I like most is that it's not ugly. I really appreciate the subtle, clean, design as well as the material used. I don't foresee this wearing much, but I still plan to buy a couple extra so I can use this model for life. Padding is very adequate. After 2 month's daily use, I haven't noticed a thing I'm not happy with.



AND for the price, I imagine the 1 reason not to get this is for size requirement reasons. Great product

As a commuter student, I originally purchased the seemingly most spacious backpack I could find (namely, adidas Murdock Backpack to carry all the things I need for the day). However, after that backpack ripped and my back aches continuously worsened, I decided it was time for a new investment.



This backpack easily holds everything I needed to put in my old one including:

- 17in, 8lb laptop

- ~ 3 textbooks, a binder, folders

- Misc. items (pens, pencils, hand lotion, sunglasses, food, laptop charger, headphones, wallet, umbrella, gloves, etc.)



I have no idea how it all fits so well with room to spare in such a small looking backpack, but I think it's fantastic. Also, it feels like half the weight on my back despite having all the same items in it. With just the laptop and nothing else in it, it feels like there is nothing in it at all. Looks like it's pretty sturdily made too, and I don't see ripping from weight being a problem.



Furthermore, I feel I no longer look like a total tool with a backpack twice the size of myself. ;) In fact, the thin, sleek design and quality of material of this bag are actually quite nice. I highly recommend it. - Economical - Notebook Backpack - Laptop Backpack - Case Logic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information