Wednesday 7 September 2011

Automatic Movement


We needed a Yo Yo that could take an eight year old from beginning to mid level practice without breaking and this model worked very well. We had read reviewers on Amazon and how they preferred Yomega's model over the Duncan brand and we now understand why. The Yomega Brain model is a very good model for serious beginners. We are happy with this model and can recommend it to others.

Pros- Smooth, well balanced, extra string.

Cons- Bubble pack, no choice of colors. Yomega Brain Yo-Yo (Colors May Vary)

Really cool Yo-Yo! I remember when they first came out with these. It takes me back. It's a toy, but it really does have educational value, I'm sure you could make a physics or science lesson there somewhere! :)

Remember how hard it was to do yo-yo tricks back in the 1970's? Sure, you could get the yo-yo to go up and down, but what you really wanted to do was "walk the dog" and swing a "cat's cradle," right? The big problem was getting the thing to "sleep." And of course, only a handful of yo-yo gods on TV could get the thing to "sleep" long enough to do all of the cool tricks. Well, the Yomega Brain Yo-Yo has solved the problem! It's ingenious centrifugal clutch allows the yo-yo to "sleep" every time and ten minutes after we opened it up, my dog was walking and my cat was cradling. Thirty years of pent-up yo-yo frustration resolved in ten minutes with my son's Christmas present. Priceless!!!

This yoyo is good for beginners, like myself. There is a way so that it will sleep and come back on its own. I did that and now i have a cool yoyo i can play with and learn tricks. Even though this yoyo sounds great and all but it doesnt sleep for a long time before coming back up (Once you set it). After a few weeks or so my string broke from playing with it a lot so i would get some extra strings. It is plastic with color in the middle and the rim is clear. Over all i think this is a good yoyo for beginners. Hope this comment helped! :D

I bought this for my youngest sister's 10th birthday. She got this cheap plastic yo-yo party favor and it wasn't doing her any good. She still liked it, but it was hard for her to learn how to play with it (like having the yo-yo return).



This yo-yo was perfect! It had great balance. Before I cut the string to adjust it to her size, everyone in our big family wanted to try it. It kept hitting the floor since the string was still long, causing the yo-yo to come apart. I was hoping I didn't get sent a defective toy. I realized after it was my turn that it only came apart after hitting the floor a few times. (I know I know, DUH.) I cut the string to fit her height, and now she's so in love with her new yo-yo. :)

I knew nothing about yo-yos, and within an hour of messing around with this yo-yo I was doing some pretty sweet tricks. The built-in clutch allows for some really cool action, and sometimes I can even surprise myself with the tricks I can do. If you have a kid that wants to learn the yo-yo, then this seems like a great place to start.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information