Wednesday 7 September 2011

2009 Amazon Frustration-fre - hair removal, worth the money


I bought this product in the hopes of having to shave less often and for the dual epilator/shaver feature.



Over all I am very pleased. Like other reviewers I think on the legs and armpits it works best in the shower when you are nice and lathered up with soap - the lather helps get rid of the friction as the head moves over the skin and it's a much smoother shave. I found that without lather the movement was somewhat jerky, the head didn't slide over the skin and smoothly and it was more painful.



On the legs and especially the shins, it's still painful although not as painful as another epilator I had tried. It works absolutely great (when lathered up) on the armpits. I did both of them quickly, completely and with very little pain - I think your armpits must be less sensitive.



I did my bikini area - again definately works better and hurts less when your skin is lathered up. I do have to say that this was a definately painful process. While it still works great on this area, I think waxing may stil be best for a couple reasons. 1) Waxing does the whole area in one fell swoop and therefore you are only in pain for a moment as opposed to several minutes with the epilator; because your bikini line is so sensitive, this makes a big difference. 2) It is nearly impossible to epilate a "shape" to your grooming because of the bulkiness of the head. Unless you're removing all hair it would be difficult to do just a certain area. (For this reason I gave four stars not five)



I happend to have a few mutant hairs on my chin that I have to pluck every now and again; just for giggles I tried it on my face (dry). It worked AWESOME. I ran over my chin a only a couple times and it got even the smallest thinest hairs you couldn't really see.



Overall great product but not the best for bikini area.

Panasonic ES2045P Wet/Dry Two-Speed Epilator with Three Heads (Pink)



I have previously used the Emjoi Gently Gold Caress and the Braun Silk Epil, and I have to say this is definitely the best. With the other 2 you can only use them dry, so I would usually take a shower, exfoliate, and then use it after my shower. My skin would usually be sore and red for a while afterward and it did hurt somewhat. One thing I didn't like about epilating was that you had to do it dry, and I missed taking baths and shaving (although I don't like the results of shaving), so I decided to give this product a try.



I did as the instructions said and put body wash onto the tweezers and the area that I was epilating. As I epilated, it created suds which helped it glide along. Here are the good points of the product:

1. It took the hair off easily and less painfully than the other epilators. It wasn't completely pain free, but it was much better.

2. Because you use it in the shower, you can easily rinse and dry it and you're done. With my Braun epilator, it gets dirty easily and the hairs are difficult to get out.

3. It comes with a little cap, which I really appreciate (Braun does not).

4. You can use it without the cord

5. It seemed to leave my underarms and legs even smoother than with other epilators and with much less redness or irritation.

6. Slightly quieter than other epilators I've tried, but still could be quieter.



Bad points:

1. It didn't remove every single hair...but I have never seen an epilator that could.

2. As with all epilation, it is time consuming to do your legs, but the soap suds make it easier, and it's worth it because you dont have to do it that often.

3. You can't use it with the cord plugged in.



I haven't tried the shaver or trimmer yet. For those people who are complaining that the charge didn't last very long, keep this in mind: when used the first time, it needs to be charged a full 20 hours before use. After that, 12 hours should be sufficient. But if the battery goes completely dead, it will need to be charged another 20 hours again. Also, you have to use body wash or something sudsy, otherwise it won't work, it even says that in the directions. I love this epilator and am so happy that I made the purchase.



**Update**: After using this for about a year now, I can give a more thorough review. It still works great in the shower on my underarms. But after using it on my legs a few times I started getting SEVERE ingrown hairs. They would be so bad that the whole area would become swollen and painful like nothing I'd ever had before. I am very disappointed because I don't think I am going to be able to use this on my legs again, because the ingrown hairs are a regular occurance and are very bad. I am confused about why this is happening and am starting to think it is only this particular epilator...as I mentioned before, I have used both the Emjoi Gently Gold Caress and Braun before this and never had this problem with the ingrowns. If anyone else out there has had this same problem and can give me some info, please comment.



I have also used the shaver and the "bikini comb" thing, both of which I was disappointed in. On my legs, it didn't give me a very close shave at all, and my hair is not even very thick or dark. I also tried to use it on my bikini area and it was pointless, the shave was so NOT close that I would have rather just used a dull razor, it would have at least got closer. The bikini trimmer thing is worthless, I gave up trying to use it and just used my old trimmer. - Grooming - Worth The Money - Panasonic Epilator - Hair Removal'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information