Tuesday 20 September 2011

Accessory Kits - canon, canon digital camera


I usually never buy a product without it having a previous review but I really needed extended battery life. I'm VERY glad I took a chance on this. I am an amateur photographer and was in need of a grip for my 60D for both extended battery life and an easy way to take vertical shots. And this was the answer! There are some pros and cons that I will list but the pros outweigh the cons especially for the price of this unit.



Pros: Good tight fit, AA battery capable, Batteries last nearly as long as original Canon, Button on/off switch, works with camera without any problems, very light.



Cons: Plastic seems cheap, Button labels silver not white (hard to tell anyway), Obviously not totally weather proof.



Time will tell how will this battery grip holds up over time. It fits my camera very well and the grip is deeper that the camera itself which makes it quite easy to hold. I'm not concerned about the unit not being weather proof an I try to keep the camera as dry and clean as possible. The extended battery life is a great benefit for nature photography because I can set up in camouflage and not worry about having to move around to reload a fresh battery. I've posted pictures of the grip on my 60D so you can see how it fits. I believe this product to be well worth the money and highly recommend it to amateurs like myself that would like a good grip without dropping much $$. Professional BG-E9 Battery Grip + 2 LP-E6 Batteries for Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR Camera

For $50 the grip is an excellent money-saving after-market alternative to Canon's $171 grip. It's comfortable and works just the same. If you are using canon batteries they will give you info, however, the batteries that come with this grip are crap. They have no chip and will not communicate with your camera so there is no way to see how much life is left. They also split open whenever I take them out of their orange plastic cover case thingy. Do yourself a favor and just buy the grip WITHOUT the batteries.

This is a nice Piece of plastic, rubber... and mechanics.



Having bought other off brand battery grips for my other Canon DSLRS I was watching out for a grip for my 60D that was a fraction of the price of the Canon brand. The first version of off brand grip that came to Amazon was the one that loads (batteries) from the back and I didn't think that would be as comfortable and solid as the one that loads from the side so I passed. This version came out and I jumped on it and couldn't be happier!



Fit is great with an excellent match to the 60D finish of the plastic coating and the rubber surfaces. The glue that they used to put the rubber on the grip stinks but I am sure that will fade. The Batteries are not bad. They charged up with the OEM charger and are solid. I couldn't tell you about a chip interface wit hte batteries but when they are running low the battery icon shows me so I am happy.



The tripod mount wheel that attaches the grip to the camera is an interesting gear driven offset device that is actually a welcome change to the other versions that I have had in the past.



As with most grips the rubber will come unglued in time, but I'd rather spend a third the price for a grip that is mostly the same as the supposed best at a fraction of the price.

I had an Opteka battery grip with my old DSLR, and it was excellent.



This one is a little poorer quality, but for the price (with two batteries), it's a very good deal.



Because of the size of the batteries, the grip is VERY wide, and can be quite annoying at times. That's not a flaw with the grip however.



The rubber material on this grip is not attached perfectly, and some sides and corners are lifting off already.

What annoyed me the most is the tightening ring, which stays a little loose and feels like something is broken.



Apart from that, the camera detects the grip and the two batteries perfectly, and the buttons work perfectly and smoothly.

The battery grip itself is awesome. I have never used a battery grip in the past, but this thing definitely fills the gap when taking portraits. It definitely does add substantial weight, but what more could you ask for to add function and power?



The reason this item lost one star is because the batteries SUCK!!! You cant use the standard Canon Charger to charge the batteries. One of my batteries shows battery power remaining and the other does not. They are both the same brand and require a third party charger.



I would recommend purchasing this battery grip without the batteries and buy the Maximalpower batteries sold on Amazon. They are awesome.

The handle looked and felt good. Attachments and materials used was up to standard. Tried charging the batteries that came with the pack but was not able to. This may be due to the fact that I'm currently in a country with 220V current supply. Will see if it works when I get an adapter. All in all, a good feel to it.

My daughter is using it and according to her it does the grip work well and it is much cheaper than Cannon original one. I assume the quality of the attached batteris is not the best but still this was a good value for the money

I bought this a few months back, and i have to say that i really liked it when i got it. fully functional keys, great build, i have seen the original canon battery grip and i thought there was really no big differences as to pay double. HOWEVER, the batteries that come with this grip ARE indeed very lousy. I got a totally defective one that doesn't even work, contacted the people i bought it from here on amazon, and they said that it was not their problem that i should contact amazon, and so far i haven't found a "contact amazon" link or anything. Anyway, i would recommend this battery grip, but i would also recommend using original canon batteries. costing over $60.00 each, that is probably the main reason why the canon battery grip is almost $150.00, making it probably a better investment. - Accessory Kits - Canon - Digital Slr - Canon Digital Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information