Tuesday 20 September 2011

Multifunction Printer


This printer is great, I did a lot of research and decided to try it. I have never owned a better printer. It connected to my home WiFi and every device in my house (including my iPhone and my wife's iPad) can print to it. Pages print at blazing speed, and I can load both photo paper and regular paper at the same time and it automatically selects the correct media. Photos are gorgeous and text is super black and crisp. Push a button on the printer and it makes a copy or sends a file to my PC. I tried printing from my camera's memory card and that was super easy, the color LCD leaves no doubt about which photo is printing. It is beautiful to look at, although I'm sure it will need a lot of dusting (it is glossy black).



I bought this printer because my one-year old HP quit printing photos after I upgraded to Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I decided to give Canon a try. I will never buy another HP again. I liked their print quality, but they "abandon" you with driver support way too fast. Plus this Canon is easily 4x faster. And for $149, well what is there to complain about? I cannot comment on the ink usage, since I just got it, but I will update this review after a couple of months use.



Bye, bye HP, hello Canon! Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One (4502B017)

Got the printer a week ago...purchased it from Amazon.com



had it unpacked, connected to wi-fi and print cartridges installed and aligned in all about 25 minutes.



ran some test prints ...looked great..you know..brillant quality etc ...thought to myself..not bad..Canon does match and excel HP printers in the quality of prints.



That opinion was only valid until I ran two photo prints - I was BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the phot prints. Just jaw dropping clarity and looks at least 2x better than those crappy CVS/pharmacy store prints.



Ink consumption..no idea yet..but with quality like this, I don't think I'm going to bother too much about ink consumption now :)



This printer is UNREAL :)

-a Happy customer.

I am writing this review for those who, like me, needed a copier scanner but are not able to spend 5 months researching it. If you are an expert, please pass by; but if you are part of the general buying public, learn from my mistakes, if you can.



The machine promises nice features. It wasn't that easy to set up, but it could be done without too much trouble.



Why the complaints?

1. It is slow and cranky. It powers done between jobs. If you wish to print two photographs within ten seconds of each other, that is no problem. But if you copy a piece of paper and come back to make another copy 5 minutes later, be warned: it will take up 8 minutes to warm itself up again. Not such a good idea when someone is standing there waiting for his original.

2. The ink. Oh,the ink. So of course I had to buy a black cartridge and then a set of black, cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges. Since I have yet to print a color picture, I have never used any save the large black. But, within 2 months, the machine informed me that they were all low. At which point it stopped functioning. It will not scan, nor copy, nor do anything. So I spend 60 bucks replacing cartridges that have never been used. And now it says I need to replace them again. And it will not function without them, even though it has only been printing in black. The result is that I have paid Canon an extra $120 . I haven't found the machine particularly fun to use. Sad to say, the lady at the Fedex/Kinko's calls me by name: it is easier and cheaper than using my Canon Pixma.



I don't enjoy giving negative reviews, but most buyers are taking a leap of faith when they buy, and I am suggesting that they leap in a different direction. It is the advice I wish someone had given me.

Upgraded from a "great" Lexmark printer we receive for Christmas three years ago. Not all that happy about the Christmas gift - but what can you do besides use it until it quits working? Researched this Canon printer for a while prior to purchasing it and it has not disappointed me at all. Amazing speed for a color printer and absolutely beautiful color photos. Compared a 4x6 printed at Walgreens to a 4x6 of the same photo printed at home and the home version was better than the Walgreens photo. Works well with my Canon SX10IS camera as well.



Easy installation on the XP platform even with our wireless connection.



I would buy this printer again. easily.

Good quality printer. I printed using the fast print quality option and still the paper image was very good. The first cartridge I had to replace ($15aprox.) was one of the black ones after printing 70 pages on both sides. The only two things I don't really like is first that it prints pages starting from the beginning which is not so great when you are printing lots of documents and either you have to pick them at the moment to keep the sequence or you will have to arrange them page by page after all the printing is done. Second when the printer runs out with a cartridge the printer will not allow you to print unless you press that is ok to keep printing directly on the printer which is an issue if you are trying to use the wireless feature and you are not close by.



11/10/2010. Update: Thanks to S. Hans I just found out that the printer allow you to switch your printing options to print from the first or last page. You can even print 2 to 4 pages in one. Further, I will like to add that the second cartridge that I had to replace, the yellow (about $13), was after about 150 printed pages on both sides, plus, about 50 in one side only.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information