Tuesday 6 September 2011

Accurate Scale


I use this in the kitchen to get better measurements in baking and also with some molecular gastronomy. So far it has worked well. I also have a 500 gram calibration weight, and the scale continues to hold its calibration. My only minor complaint with this product is that the weighing platform is not removable; it would be much easier to keep clean if the platform was removable. Otherwise, this has been a good buy; a quality product at a reasonable price.

Digital Pocket Scale



My son is diabetic and all his food must be weighed. This little scale is perfect for keeping in his supply pack and taking with us to visit friends, to restaurants, etc. I weighed a nickle with it when it arrived - 5 grams just the way it should be. It even weighs in tenth of grams so I know if I want to round up or down on the carb counts. Perfect scale - runs on AAA batteries and has an empty battery compartment that I used to store an extra set of batteries!

Very nice scale and very affordable. I have no reference to judge its accuracy, but the scale is very precise so far. Objects weigh the same regardless of positioning on the scale, too. It looks very professional in general, but the buttons are clearly cheaply made. They will likely wear out and are difficult to push; so far, no problems. Mine was silver plastic, not black as pictured.

I used US currency coins to gauge the accuracy of the scale. The scale was accurate to US Treasury specifications 70% of the time, off by 0.1 grams the rest of the time; it was never off by more than 0.1 grams. I did not use a 500g standard weight. www.usmint.gov



The scale also powers down if not in use for maybe 10 seconds.

The results are repeatable. I have a calibration 10g weight and when placing it in the center or three of the corners the result is always 10.0g but when placing at the left upper corner sometimes the result may be 9.9g which is in the allowable range.

I have no other calibration weighs so I don't know how linear the scale is, but anyway, at for price you can't go wrong.

I highly recommend this scale.

I needed a scale that was portable and accurate for food portions. This fit my budget and fit my needs. I can also weigh small postage and letters under 2 lbs too all in 0.1 gram increments. It's easy to use, calibrate and is very functional. It runs on 2 AAA batteries which are included. The backlight display is nice and the scale is so easy to operate.



I wished there was a conversion chart included or on the inside of the lid. But then again, that is easy enough to Google and keep handy. I have one on my iPhone when I need to do a quick conversion.



My scale came in silver, not black as shown. Still very very nice and portable. Perfect for those of us watching our weight and trying our best to keep an eye on portions. Very nice little scale that can easily fit in a purse, gym bag or whatever.

This scale works fine at a very reasonable price. I use it mainly to weigh out the amounts of resin and hardener required to make small amounts of epoxy glue and to weigh small packages to be mailed. It would also work fine to weigh powder for someone doing precision reloading. The weighing pan is about three inches square and the display right next to it, so things large enough to cover up the display while on the weighing pan cannot be weighed using this device. It would be a lot more useful if the display continued to display the weight after the object was removed from the weighing pan.

The easiest way to evenly divide skeins of yarn is with a digital scale. This one works perfectly. It's small and easy to store with the rest of your knitting supplies. The actual scale surface is very small so you need to place a bowl on it to hold the yarn. But the scale also has a "tare" button that zeros out the scale with the bowl on it so you get the weight of the yarn only.



This is a great little gadget and the price is perfect.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information