Tuesday 6 September 2011

Winches - winch


I am using this as a utility winch on my car trailer. People kept telling me I needed a larger winch, but this one has done pretty well. It will not drag a car up onto the trailer if it had no wheels, but I have pulled cars with 4 flat tires. I used it last week to drag a car side ways so I could get it lined up with the trailer. Very happy with this unit! The only thing that would make it better would be a longer cable for the switch. I would like to be able to reach the back of the trailer with it in my hand. Superwinch 1331200 UT3000 Series Winch

I bought this winch for my car hauler based on some other reviews here. Reviews were right on the money. Its not the fanciest winch, but cant beat it for the money. It is powerful enough to pull a car w/ 4 flat tires on to the hauler.....just barely. The remote switch is easy to use and install and I didnt have any problems with the line. My only complaint would be a better spring to prevent backlash when freespooling, but easy enough to straighten out.

This product met my needs. It's ideal for pulling a rolling load up to 3500 pounds onto a trailer, or up a 17% driveway. I used it to pull a boat weighing 3500lbs up 23 foot 17% grade drive way. Its works great!

My husband got the superwinch for fathers day. He put it on his John Deere Gator and it works great. He has gone to the U P of Michigan and goes riding and this winch has gotten him out of alot of mud holes. Works great.

I bought this for the same reason as the other reviewers. Installed on my car trailer. To test it out I hooked it up to my 1994 Jeep Cherokee I was a little disappointed. I was in a flat area and there wasn't much of an incline on the trailer and the winch barely got it up. As soon as one of the jeep tires rubbed on the railing of the trailer that was it. I don't think it will move a vehicle with flat tires or slide a non rolling vehicle in any direction. For a small vehicle I used a 1989 ford probe and the winch was flawless at moving it. If you wan't to do some heavy moving I suggest a winch with at least a 4500lb rating.

First of all, I bought this to be a trailer winch to pull a race car onto a trailer. For $100-150, there is nothing that compares to this winch. The only other winches in this price range are ATV winches that aren't strong enough to pull a car onto a trailer. Still, this winch isn't "high quality" either - there is a reason it is so cheap. This isn't comparable to a $400 winch. This winch is very capable of pulling a 3500lb car onto a trailer, but here are the downsides:

1. It struggles the entire time - if you load this motor for 40ft without giving it a break in between, especially on a hot day, you will probably burn up the motor after only a few uses.

2. It moves slow under load. It might be rated for 8ft/min without load, but it will drop quite a bit when you are pulling a car up a trailer.



The solution is a pulley block (and no, it doesn't really pull that much slower if at all with a pulley block because the motor isn't straining nearly as much). Combine this winch with a $25 pulley block, and it will do the job and do it reliably without sounding like the motor is going to burst into flames at any moment. The only real downside to using a pulley block is the fact that you are only able to use half the line length, or in this case 20 ft. My trailer plus ramps are 20ft, so if my car is further away than that, I have to pull the car up to the ramps without the pulley block, then switch.



So ultimately, if money isn't a concern, go with a $400 winch. But if you want to do this the least expensive way, you can make this winch work (contrary to what people on forums will tell you), and you will save a bundle of money.

I purchased this wench to use on my 4x4 hunting cart. It now is mounted on a hitch plate and can be connected to either the front or back. Works as expected and is pleanty strong to do what I need. Good puchase at a great price.

Pulled a 3400lb car on trailer without the pulley and I used a small lawn mower battery. I've used it hooked to a high amp agm battery and it works better but the small battery is easier to move around. If you need a winch to do this every day I would buy a bigger winch because it does struggle a little. Its cheap and gets the job done. - Winch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information