Wednesday 21 September 2011

Air Bed - air mattress, camping


Used one night for guests, worked great, didn't seem to leak, inflated quickly using a reversible shop vac. Made from thicker material than another air mattress we have.

Only negative is the claim of being queen size and using queen fitted sheets. Actual dimensions are 76" x 58" which are less than advertised and the queen size fitted sheet I tried was much too big for it. I tried a Full size fitted sheet, and that was perfect. I thought maybe they put the wrong mattress in the box, but I checked, and "Queen" is printed right on the mattress. So I took off one star, but otherwise it seems like an excellent air mattress. Coleman Queen Quickbed with Wrap 'N' Roll Storage

My husband and I needed a new air mattress to use while tent camping, and we've always had good luck with other Coleman products so we decided to go with this one. The price was a big factor in our decision, too, and you can't beat $30 for a quality air mattress!



It fit nicely inside of our tent, which is designed to sleep three people very snugly. It stayed inflated the entire night, which was a nice change from previous air mattresses. The double-locking valve is a plus, too: It keeps air from escaping when you pull the air pump nozzle away from the valve when you're finished inflating it.



Bottom line: If you're looking for a single-level air mattress that is durable and holds its air over night outdoors, this one won't let you down.

I'm very satisfied with this purchase. We use these with tent camping from a nearby car. I especially like the air lock feature that makes it easy to prevent air from escaping when taking the air pump nozzle out.

I got two of these to use on a winter camping trip. Other than the false claim of being queen sized, I would have given them 5 stars. They are not s big as queen mattresses. However, they were big enough for our purposes. Just to give you an idea, I put three kids on one and two adults and a 5 year old on the other. It was snug, but doable.

We went through 4 Aerobeds (and almost 3x the price). Our Coleman beds have lasted the longest and are far more comfortable. We put these in the back of our truck with a popup tent and we're all set to enjoy a day at the beach or an overnight stay.

I have now purchased four Coleman airbeds over the last 2 years. The first lasted about 16 months, the latest MAYBE 3. None were ever used for 'camping'. ALL were used indoors on carpet....didn't matter. The latest developed a seam leak at one of the coils.that was the one I found and sealed.........little difference - only slowed the time to the floor.

I kept thinking that I had just gotten a "lemon"....but as the quality has consistently dropped (due to outsourcing???) I'm through. How sad. I truly hope that their other pieces of equipment are not so drastically affected.

First I will say this, if you are looking to just buy this mattress for one or two trips in the span of 3 months, than go buy this at Target. You can return it after 90 days, trust me you will see the ripped open and tattered boxes from other people lol. Anyway, this thing is really nice and if you are looking for something that fits in a small car this is a winner. I'm using it in my Honda Fit with the seat folded down and it's the perfect length and width. The SUV version would be too wide so I'm glad I stumbled across this. It's firm, fills up fast with a pump (which you can also return hehehe) and the air stays locked in. Like all air mattresses in the world, I'm sure this WOULD fail on me in the near future but it will be back on a Target shelf before I have that issue. Enjoy.

I just purchased this 10 mins ago. I'm positive it will be good and we will be fine until our moving truck gets here in a week. Just a small wrinkle as the pump was recommended and purchased together, then I scrolled down and it's offered as a combo for $3 less. Please fix. Just a wrinkle I'm sure. - Camping - Coleman - Air Mattress - Inflatable Mattress'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information