Wednesday 21 September 2011

Five Star Notebook - 5 star notebook, five star


I love the five star notebooks - the pages can tear out cleanly, have pre-punched holes if you need to file them, pockets for returned assignments and/or a class syllabus, and a sturdy enough cover that a coffee spill does very little damage to the pages. Yes, I am a nerd for school supplies and yes, the Mead Five Star Notebook made me this way. Mead Five Star Wirebound Notebook, College Rule, Letter Size, White, 100 Sheets per Pad (06206) - Colors may vary

I think everyone is pretty familiar with the Five Star brand of school products but I'll tell you what I think anyway.



These notebooks seem to last forever. The spiral maintains its shape so you'll always be able to open it easily, the perforations make it easy to rip out individual pages cleanly but they're not so deep that the pages fall out like some of their cheaper counterparts.



I've always liked the classy colors they have available rather than just plain old black, red or blue, they have colors that resemble a sage, dark grey, wine, etc. and they all have a hint of sparkle, but not enough that it's too feminine for the everyday jock, and because the cover is some kind of somewhat-flexible plastic instead of cardboard it's much more resistant to rain, snow, soda, etc.



I've always been a fan of their 3 subject notebooks but over the years I found it's much easier to stay organized with the 1 subject notebooks instead, using one notebook for each class. The reason for this is that I found myself not using all of the pages in the 3 subject ones but it's harder to recycle those empty pages in a 3 subject one than a single subject one.



So basically, even though you can get notebooks at the dollar store for much less money, you get what you pay for.

nice, sturdy notebook. papers are of great quality. I use fountain pen. If the paper is poor, then usually on the reverse side you can see the ink. This is never the problem for this notebook. Highly recommended!

I carry all of my textbooks and notebooks in my backpack all day and this is the only notebook that holds up. The cover is stiff enough that it keeps the paper in good shape and the pockets are very helpful to keep things organized. I am a bit of a neat freak and so the perferations that allow me to neatly remove the holes left from the spiral binding are great and keeps things looking clean. I will only use these notebooks from now on.

The paper in this notebook is cheap. It's super thin and so slick that my pencil lead barely shows up when I write. Ink has problems with it, too. If I use ink, the pen tip slips and slides all over the place. If I were half blind and had palsy, I'd throw this thing in the trash and write on a napkin. - Notebook - 5 Star Notebook - 5 Star - Five Star'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information