Friday 16 September 2011

Apologetics


One of the most thought provoking, heartwarming, character building, well presented slices of life I have ever read! Every parent, child, business owner, employee, teacher, student, politician, citizen - in short, everyone - should read this book. Rank it with (Jim Stovall's) The Ultimate Gift, and place it on the shelf with the most profound members of your private library, beginning with the Bible. Should be part of every school cirriculum in the United States. A must read! If You Can't Climb The Wall, Build A Door!: Principles to Live By When Quitting is Not an Option!

This book was bad. I bought it because I sometimes find myself lacking in motivation to face my own obstacles, and the title sounded like an idea that I might be able to relate to.

First of all, DOCTOR Charles Lever? Forget it, he has a doctorate in ministry. Except for his BA in economics, all of his work is in religious studies. Lever fails to back up most of his claims, and instead of basing advise on actual research, he resorts to (possibly exaggerated or fabricated) anecdotes and what makes sense to him (advice as sound as what you might get from a random sod at the pub). If you extract and ignore all of the unsound arguments, uncited 'factual' claims and justifications in Christian scripture while waiting to get to the real substance of this book then you will be sadly disappointed. If anything then I actually walked away from this book slightly less motivated.

Usually I don't like to destroy books, but this is one of the very few to make it into the recycle bin. I'll stick to reading biographies of great scientists and explorers when I need motivation.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information