Saturday 10 September 2011

Baby Dry - diaper, disposable diapers


I am a stay at home Mom with 4 children. I have been buying diapers for the past almost 11 years and Pampers Baby Dry is hands down the best diaper on the market, and believe me I have tried them all! All of my kids have been "super soakers" when it comes to pee. These diapers way out perform any other brand including major brands and department store brands. The major selling points for me are:

1. They are thin, easy to pack 5 in a diaper bag.

2. Easy to unfold with one hand (if you, like me frequently have to use the other hand to keep baby still)

3. tabs are easily opened without extra unfolding and don't rip off like several other brands.

4. Doesn't leave residue on baby or smell like pee when really soaked.

5. wider in the front to prevent baby from peeing out the side (and my kids are experts at this)



One thing that may be helpful is to remember that Pampers fit better on children that are long and skinny. If your baby is short and really chubby in the bottom, then Huggies will fit your baby better. This, I believe, explains the few complaints about Pampers not fitting or leaking.



Hope this review was helpful!

I made the huge mistake of buying the baby dry after reading through the reviews. I thought that for the price, why not try them. What a huge mistake! I should have just bought a smaller amount to try them first. Instead we have been using these for over a month now and I have had to clean up a poop spill at least every other day. My baby was 4 months old when we started using these and since she is not eating solids yet, the poop is pretty runny. The baby dry don't absorb the runny poop and it tends to just go right up the back side of the diaper onto her outfit and usually whatever or whoever she is lying on. It's just not worth the money saved! I will only buy the Swaddlers from now on. Hope this helps someone wondering which to buy Swaddlers or Baby Dry, DEFINITELY go with the SWADDLERS!!

It must depend on your child because I tried the cruisers after always using baby dry on my son and they failed us several times. I went right back to baby dry and no more leaks. I have also tried other brands and I loved Huggies for my daughter but they don't work for my son. Funny how each is different. I am a mother of 4 and Luvs worked for my other son. You just go with what works for your child. I also have noticed that they work differently for different ages as well. Good idea to try a few out before you buy the jumbo packs.

Like other reviewers suggested, the size description is wrong. My five month old is about 15 lbs and a perfect size 2, and this size 1-2 is only up to 15 pounds. I'd say it fits up to size 1 1/2 comfortably. Pampers sells a size straight size 2 in smaller packs. Pampers diapers are great; easy to re-strap if you don't do it right the first time. The smell is pleasant, and the design cute sesame street characters. I recommmend, just make sure your baby is just barely out of size 1 to get this size 1-2!

I used to use the more expensive Pampers Cruisers but thought I'd try the Baby-Dry to save some money. I bought a pack at a local store first to make sure the fit and performance was good. I liked them just fine. Nice stretchy tabs, much like the Cruisers. So I ordered from Amazon. I ordered three cases to take advantage of a promotion Amazon was running. But the diapers I received must be old stock, before Pampers put the "flex" stretchy sides on the Baby-Dry diapers. The older expiration dates on the Rewards code confirms this. Maybe they've gotten rid of the old stock; then those newer diapers would rate 4.5 stars. These non-flex diapers barely close to fit my baby whereas the flex ones were plenty big. It irks me that Amazon posts a picture of the "flex" diapers and delivers a different,inferior product.

I love Pamper's Swaddlers. I've tried Huggies and both Pampers brands, and out of all of them Swaddlers are my favorite. That being said, the Baby Dry diapers are terrible. With Swaddlers you can adjust the fit, and the diapers are really soft. Baby Dry diapers feel like they're recycled and and I really dislike the sticky waist straps. They're shorter so you can't adjust the fit as easily, and the waist is always loose--with a boy that's a very bad idea because he tends to get his clothes wet through the TOP of the diaper instead of the sides now. I can't wait until we use these up because I will never buy Baby Dry again.

I have three children in diapers. My oldest is 4 years old and is autistic. We have not been able to potty train him yet.

We tried several brands only to find out that Pampers Baby Dry was always the one we went back to. No question! No leaks! But the cost of our diapers just adds up. Amazon has the absolute cheapest price I have found - in stores or on-line. And free shipping, and I got (...) off with a promotion for baby items over (...) prurchased. I made out! And never had to leave my door! Thanks Amazon! Really! - Pampers - Disposable Diapers - Diaper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information