Saturday 10 September 2011

Cordless Stapler


Stapler is expensive, has only one battery, total plastic construction. Was really anticipating getting this tool. sometimes you just can't drag a hose or cord with you. Stapler has adaquate power to drive 9/16th staples in soft wood. don't think it would handle maple. Cycles very slowly. Battery life seems Ok.

if you need / want a cordless tool for occasional use this is the best of a very short list. Will never replace a PC pneumatic or any other brand for that matter.

Would love to see a more powerful faster professional tool. This works but barely. about 2 jams per stick of staples (arrow brand).

Will do the job, but I'm still waiting for a better solution. Really too expensive for what it does, but you don't have many choices.

Delivery was slow, but it got there intact. Arrow CT50 Professional Cordless Staple Gun

Purchased one to install reflective bubble foil insulation in my work shop. I quickly discovered that this tool was worthless for this application. The unit will not fire consistently putting strain on your back and patience. I would not recommend this product. Will be selling mine on ebay after using it less than 1 hour.

It worked well for me. Had to take first one back to HD but they replaced it versus refund / rebuy. It will not completely sink staple but works fine. Saves time not having cord but fires slower than corded electric. 1000 staples I think per charge is not to shabby.

I really needed a cordless stapler to put in 88 Kraft backed insulation batts under the roof in the attic.

I read the bad reviews for this and hoped they were just the few people who had gotten a dud or expected too much.

WRONG!

It's even worse than they said.



1. Even if you hold it down perfectly level with top pressure against it, it will fully seat a 3/8" staple less than half of the time.



2. When it is cold (approx 60 degrees F) even with a fully charged battery. It will set one staple, then not cycle for the second requiring removing your finger from the trigger and raising stapler off of the board and then re setting it and firing again. (Try that on your back under the eves a few hundred times). As it warms up it will eventually do 2 in a row and later three and then finally will let you do them continuously (after a couple hundred staples).



3. Even with a single perfect stick of staples (forget 2) it will jam every 20 or 30th staple requiring removal with needle nose pliers. (If you open the staple feed to remove the bad staple, you will find that the force of the stapling action has ruptured the staple stick in many places and you will normally end up having to dump them all.)



4. If you put in 2 sticks of staples or even 2 shorter staple stick sections, the feed cap has trouble closing and will often break the remaining staples loose causing jams and the inevitable necessity of just discarding the remaining staples.



5. On the plus side, the battery showed full charge for around 2000 staples although the jamming and failure to cycle fully problems mentioned previously would escalate considerably well before the battery started to indicate discharge.



This could have been a great tool, it certainly costs enough to have been a great tool.



But the reality is that it is a complete peice of junk and should never have been put into production with so many glaring defeceits.



I have 2 corded Arrow electric staplers which work fine after many tens of thousands of staples through each. They cost $30.00 each.



This is certainly not a production or construction quality tool, and in fact is terrible for general around the home use as well.



DO NOT BUY THIS TOOL!

This device worked well for my application, light upholstery. My hands tend to hurt a lot when I have to do repetitive, strenuous tasks (like stapling), so I got this gun in spite of the not-so-great reviews listed here. It stapled fine, jammed only once in about 500 staples - which is better than any manual stapler I have used. It stapled as fast as I could work, which I would say is above average. The only problem is that you can't get into tight corners with it - the hammer mechanism makes the front of the unit pretty thick, so I had my trusty Arrow T50p on hand for tight spots. The battery charged in about an hour, and the charge remaining indicator still shows four out of four after my 500 staple job.

I loved working with this. The battery lasts a LONG time, and it drove all my staples effortlessly. It made my job of installing insulation in my floor much faster and easier, with minimal effort. The built-in light on the model I got (the CT50K) really helped too, a well thought out and executed option. At this point, nothing bad to say. Love it!

I bought this stapler to install a reflective shield the attic. I worked fine for about 30 min. Then it started acting up. It would constantly jam, at least once or twice per min. I would have to pull the stapler off of the jammed staple, leaving a sharp staple point sticking out from the ceiling joist, I fought with it for several weeks.



I put the stapler up for about 6 months. When I went to us it again, the battery was dead and would not charge. I returned the complete unit to Arrow with a letter about my displeasure with the stapler. Arrow sent me a complete new unit. Again after only a few min of use, it started acting up just like the other 1. Also the spring that feeds the staples got screwed up and would not feed the staples. I took it apart to fix it but sometimes it still will not feed staples. And I use only Arrow staples.



I just finished using the stapler again. I needed to drive 2 staples but it again would not feed the staples. I could not wait to write a review on this junk tool. If you find this stapler at a yard sale for free, DO NOT TAKE IT, IT AINT WORTH THE PRICE YOU WILL PAY'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information