Saturday 3 September 2011

Bath Accessories - utility hooks, 3m


I have used many different command hooks and all of them work perfectly. If installed correctly I have never had one come down, even when hanging more than the recommended weight on them. I have them on painted surfaces and on the backs of doors. I even hang my heavy full length terry cloth robe on it when it is wet after a shower. I know it weighs more than the 7.5.lbs for the jumbo hook. I think that the key is to put the adhesive strip on as directed and then hold it in place firmly for at least a minute. Then do not hang anything on it until the next day. I have had some of these hooks up for years and have never had a problem. 3M Command 17003 Large Hook with Adhesive Strips

The sticky strips that come with these hooks really hold on, and then remove easily and cleanly if you need them to. I have bought quite a few Command Hooks because they have the ONLY self-adhesive strips that have never failed me, unlike the foam-backed ones that ALWAYS fail, eventually.

I have used these for years, and many of the hooks lasted that long! They have never damaged the wall when removed. The only time one damaged a wall was when I seriously overloaded the hook, it pulled the layer of paper off of the drywall. They didn't work on a wall with a glazed faux finish, but they have held on every other wall except a tile one behind the stove. (I think the heat did them in.) Try the other Command Adhesive products, too -- especially the Velcro picture hangers.

These 3M Command hooks are the greatest. I was able to hang my Christmas wreaths on the front doors without any damage or scratches to the paint. I live in Florida, so I was afraid that the heat and/or humidity would affect their durability, but so far, so good. They've been up for over two weeks with no problem.

While the hooks are moderately easy-to-break and rarely last much more than a year under ordinary use, they're so easy to mount -- and, with the no-damage adhesive, mountable anywhere -- that these hooks make it simple to hang up what should be hung up. I use them frequently and hang up a lot of stuff that I wouldn't if it took actual effort and put a hole in the wall.

I wish these would have been created a long time ago. I have had them up in some locations for a couple years and they still holding strong. I put large wet towels on these as well as many other things and they just work well. I do clean the wall well before sticking them and no issues. Also when you remove they leave no marks on the wall. again i wish they would of had these a long time ago.

I am a college student and I needed a few extra hooks in my closet so I got the Command Utility Hooks. The greatest thing about these hooks is that they do not require drilling holes, and you can take them off fairly easily without damaging the surface. The hooks, however, can be a bit small depending on what they are used for.



I used them on the doors of my closet. It is made of the synthetic stuff that looks like wood and, since it was fairly new and the surface was smooth and clean, I did not need to clean it with rubbing alcohol. I just wiped it with wet paper towel and let it dry for a few minutes. You just apply the adhesive strip on the back of the hook and push hard onto the surface you need it to be on for 30 seconds. You have yourself a convenient hook! I bought these mainly to hang my ties and my towel, but I found that the hook is deep but not wide enough (it doesn't stick out that much). I can barely hang my towel. I would say it would work very well with hanging objects by its string or stuff that is not very thick (picture frames, plastic bags, etc.)



Overall, if you need a quick and convenient hook that does not require drilling a hole in the wall, this is the one. You can also remove it without damaging the surface. However, while it holds up to 5 pounds, the hook may be a bit for some occasions. - Command Tm - Command - 3m - Utility Hooks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information