Saturday 3 September 2011

Full Synthetic


I won't use anything else in my cars. When I buy a car, I keep them and take very good care of them. My most experience with Mobil 1 was on my 1995 Eagle Talon TSi turbo which I bought new. I sold the car last year and the motor was still like new with 180,000 miles on it. Even the turbo was still like new. I used Mobil 1 from about 8k miles on. I sold it in August of 2008 to a young motor-head an he's since put another 20k on the motor. 200k on a turbo 4g63? that's some good oil. And when you checked inside the valve cover, like new. The cams had no wear. Seals on the motor never leaked. I currently run mobil 1 in all our cars which includes an '08 Toyota Avalon, '03 Maxima 6 speed, and an '02 accord. The accord has 140k on it, still running like new. I break in the new cars with dino then switch 'em to Mobil 1. I also extend the drain intervals to 7-10k. Mobil 1 94001 Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil - 1 Quart, Pack of 6

I highly recommend Mobil synthetic 5w-30 and 10w-30. I have been using it in all of my cars, ATV, home generator, and 10w-30 in my trucks since 1990 and all who have worked on my engines comment how clean they have been. All quick to start in Montana cold weather, always better MPG than manufacturer stated, never overheating, and no oil consumption with age. I recommend starting from the beginning with your vehicle. It is an excellent product, even recommended adding a little to your chain saw bar-oil for all season cutting, especially cold weather when bar oil can gum-up.

I've used Mobil 1 ever since they came out with it and I'm a firm believer. My car uses this as the OEM motor oil and I won't use anything else. The interval between oil changes as determined by the on-board computer is about 10,000 miles and when I check the oil in between it always looks clean. Your car is worth thousands of dollars, don't skimp on cheap motor oil, get this.

Mobil 1 is the bar for decent synthetic oil. There are better oils out there (Red Line, Motul), but this is the best one you can find in almost every auto shop in the US. Its the recommended oil on many great cars and trucks -- there's no need to use something better unless you're participating in motor sports. However, Amazon is not the place to buy it. Several retailers sell it for 25% less every day.

I've used this motor oil on a '89 Corrolla got 279,000 miles on it engine was fine. On a 1995 Corrolla got 192,000 miles before it too was junked. In both cases the engines were in excellent shape the bodies just got broken (deer etc.)There is no better motor oil,in my book than this. I live in a cold climate. Regular oil will congeal and flow like molasses in cold weather. That's where engine wear takes place. Mobil 1 stays fluid at extremely low temps. Do this experiment, take a jar with a tight lid and put Castrol 5w30 and Mobil 1 5w30 oil in them. Leave them in the freezer for a few days. Take them out and turn them over. You'll see why Mobil 1 is superior.

Mobil 1 is without a doubt the standard for all oils to be measured by. Unfortunately each grade of oil has different levels of group 3 & 4 oil types. The Mobil 0W40 is probably the best heavy 30 weight on the market. The 5W30 Mobil... well I would buy any synthetic 5W30 that was less expensive. Buying oil on sale has a price point advantage and the performance levels of the syns are similar.

Bought a new Camaro and at the first oil change filled with Mobil-1 thereafter. Within the first year got a warning of engine overheating. Took the the car into the dealership, David Stanley, and they could not figure out the problem, but got the warning light to abate. After a couple of weeks the same problem and again took the car in and they could find no problem and reset the warning. After a week or so the same problem and this time took it to another dealership, Bob Howard, and they said the oil pump had gone out. Even with little/no oil pump the car never locked up. Mobil-1 isn't half-bad.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information