Tuesday 13 September 2011

Billy Bands - resistance bands, exercize bands


I have been using these bands for my P90X workouts for about 6 weeks now and so far they have been great. I am a female, 5'2", weighing about 110 pounds. I would recommend these bands for any woman. They attach easily to one another to increase resistance so I would imagine that it would benefit men a great deal as well. The guide that came with the bands listed; GREEN: 5-8pounds; Red: 8-12pounds; Blue: 12-16pounds; Black: 16-20pounds. So far I have been using the blue band for most of my arm workouts and the black for my back workouts. Overall I would say it's a good product for the price. ProSource Set of 4 Premium Stackable Latex Exercise Resistance Bands

I am in my 3rd week of P90X and these work perfect. I like that they have the carabiner clips so you can use more than one band at a time. My only complaint is that there is only one set of handles. it would be nice to have two sets so you didn't have to un-clip and re-clip the bands between certain work outs. But I get by just fine. The Door anchor is a little scary to use at first but I have gotten to the point were I fully trust it and the door. (I have not used the ankle/foot straps yet.)

I'm trying to get myself in shape, so I ordered P90X. One of the things they recommend is exercise bands. I debated over several options, but decided on this one because of the high reviews and the lower price. I'm so very glad I did. As you can see from the picture, there are four bands that vary in strength (tension) from five to twenty pounds. The bands include a paper that has the color to weight information included. The handles are sturdy foam over nylon with metal clips that securely attach to the bands. I received two sets of handles in my nifty little carrying case that zips close. I also received the door anchor, which was important to my exercise program as it was to be used in place of a chinup bar--which I couldn't use...yet. Anyway, the door anchor didn't look like much. Just a nylon strap with a loop on one end (that you feed the bands through) and a bulky portion on the other end that you can lay across the top of your door (then shut the door) to securely fasten the bands in position. I planned on using the bands on my closet door, but to be honest, my builder didn't use the most durable doors in my home, so I was worried about the bands/anchor breaking my doors...or the door popping open while using the bands and causing injury. But the worries turned out to be foundless. The anchor is very secure, and apparently, my door is strong enough to support the pressure from the bands. The bands are made of durable rubber material and have heavily re-enforced ends that are firmly attached to a metal loop that attached to the handles. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well they work. I've been using them for three weeks now with no problems. I will definitely be upgrading to the heavier duty bands (higher weights) by ProSource when the time comes. And one more thing, if you are debating between these and the Beach Body bands...don't. These will handle your needs without any issues, and you'll save money in the process.

Let me just say hands down that these bands are great! I have been using them for P90x and am currently on my second round with all the bands in excellent working condition. I am a woman and I have smaller hands so the handle design doesn't bother me although if you have larger hands, I can see how it would definitely rub against your hands while doing certain moves. These have lasted me through a complete round of P90x without fail and I am in the middle of a second round now and they are still going!



I thought I would have to buy new bands as I got stronger (the max resistance black band is only 16-20 lbs), but that was before I discovered that the durable metal connections are actualy clip ons similar in caliber to climbing gear. I've been able to go on to my second round with my same trusty bands just by doubling up (I now use the black + green band, which is 5-8 additional lbs of resistance) for my biceps and still feel the burn. With the band stacking, you can easily get up to 40-50lbs of resistance. Not bad for the price right?



I can't say that I have any cons about this product personally, but like I said the handle design can be slightly annoying if you have larger hands, but not to the point to detract from your workout I don't think. I would hands down recommend this product, and have recommended it to friends. It is an excellent, quality product at a great price.

These bands are the best value for price I found on Amazon, as I received this product I was amazed by the build quality and the accesories (mind you, for beginners as they lack some of the most advanced features).



In a nutshell, great set of bands for home.

I purchased a ProSource Set of 4 Premium Stackable Latex Exercise Resistance Bandss with 2 handles, a door stop, and 2 velcro cuffs to be used for home physical therapy. What a great product. All of the individual pieces were separately packaged and then repackaged in a nice nylon zip bag, great for using on trips.



The product itself is great; I love it. But, I wanted to purchase the lightest weight band separately and balked at the shipping cost for a $1.99 item. I called the company's 800 number and the individual with whom I spoke (Dan) graciously offered to send me a complimentary band. I am very pleased. Great product, great customer service.

I bought these to go with the 10 Minute Workout popular now by the Insanity company. These resistance bands work great and do what I need them to do. The door attachment works well and the grips are comfortable to use. The set comes with 4 bands of varying weight, I only wish they would give an extra door attachment (as we were going to split them). But for one person I would recommend these. - Resistance Bands - P90x - Exercize Bands - Resistance Band'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information