Wednesday 14 September 2011

Blackout Curtains - blackout curtains, blackout liners


I dont know if I shall call it a morning or night saver! My baby used to get up at 5am and refused to go back to sleep! of course this resulted in a groggy mommy and baby all morning long. I tried to purchase a regular room darkener, ye it did not fit underneath my horizontal blinds. I then did a desperate google search, and when i found this i was so excited! as soon as i put it on, my baby started to sleep 14 hours a night! Redmon Nighttime Nursery Blackout Drapery Liner, White

I purchased this in the hopes that it would help our toddler nap better. Unfortunately, ours did not come with the magnetic strips described here on the Amazon page. It was also not mentioned in the directions for the product itself. The result is that while the panel does block light, it seeps through the edges. It is also a bit too short for our window, but I suppose that just means we don't have a standard window size.



It's not too difficult to go get my own strips or find another method of totally closing the panel off, but it would have been handy to have. As for getting my toddler to take his nap, that's another story ;)

My 5 year old and 3 month old share a room. My 5 year old was used to having it brighter in the room and will sleep fairly late into the morning. My 3 month old was waking up with the chickens and as soon as we installed these curtains she slept until 8am. They work perfectly and we used an exsisting second rod and have pink curtains in front of it. They do let a little light in on the sides, but magnets or velcro will take care of that in an instant.

My little guy is 11 months old and pretty set in his nighttime routine. When daylight savings time kicked in, it really threw him for a loop when it was still light in the nursery at bedtime. I looked all through the offerings here on Amazon and settled on these.

They really did the trick! I have them on a curved curtain rod over a window with "room darkening" (HA!) mini blinds. I then re-hung the valance on a separate rod over the top of these. They look just fine by themselves, even with sky blue walls. Except for a little light that bleeds through the top, bottom, and where the curtains meet, the room is essentially as dark as it was when he went to bed when there was no light outside. He settled right back into his normal sleep routine. In fact, he's been sleeping in longer on the weekends when we don't have to get up. BONUS!!! I would consider getting some for our room, but I would want to put something else over the top of them in there.

We've had these in our nursery since our son was born 3 years ago and still love them. Our friends marveled at how good he slept and how long he'd sleep in every morning and I really think part of the reason was because his room was nice and dark. He started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old =)



We moved him into his big boy room a little after his 2nd birthday and had to order another set of these shades for his new room too! We have these shades in addition to the blinds already in the window and then have sheer white drapes in front of these curtains for aesthetic purposes. I highly recommend these for any baby or toddler's room. Between these shades and a white noise machine, our son sleeps soundly for 10 - 12 hours a night!



The only reason I rated them 4 stars instead of 5 is because they don't completely block out all light at the corners etc and then during the day it's kind of a pain to open them for natural sunlight. You need to have some sort of ties to keep them open to allow sunlight in during the day. But overall, they are a great purchase and a must have in my opinion!

Not like the picture at all, I guess if you were planning on putting up a new curtain rod for it, rather than using it as a liner you might be able to get it to look like the picture--- it blocks some of the light, but a considerable amount comes in around the edges and at the bottom. Overall the amount of light that comes in the room is the same as before when we used brown curtains and a pull down shade.

After spending $500 on drapes that did not keep the light out one little bit, I purchased this for my baby's nursery and now he sleeps till 8 in the morning! I wish i can let all moms know about this great item.

I ordered these in a desperate attempt to get my 4 year old to sleep later in the morning. I thought there would be magnetic strips to seal out the light, but I was wrong. Yes, the material does not let light through, but PLENTY of light gets in on all 4 sides. I'm returning this product immediately. I just wish I hadn't spent all that $ to have it overnighted to me. - Blackout Liners - Draperies - Blackout Curtains - Home Décor'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information