Wednesday 14 September 2011

Consealer - consealer, cover up consealer


I got this because I didn't want to cover up something that was unsightly with something that would make it worse. I have noticed no major healing effects with this concealer, so no miracle product but it at least doesn't make my spots any worse and that's what I was looking for. Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Concealer, Fair 05

I am completely blown away by this concealer. First of all, thank you Neutrogena for producing a yellow-based concealer. This matches my complexion perfectly (I purchased medium 15). I have tried a few concealers including MAC, which were not skin friendly - at least for me. Then I've been using Murad's conealer for some time. It is very good and stays on all day with a matte finish under powder. However, the shades have pink undertones and it doesn't match my face like the Neutrogena concealer. This one outshines Murad - a BIG surprise given the relatively cheap price. It also glides on smoother and covers blemishes and imperfections very well. Moreover, even though it conceals so well, it is more lightweight than the Murad concealer.



Even better, it blends so well that you do not necessarily need foundation. I use it with Mario Badescu's Special Healing powder, topped with Maybelline Fit Me powder. I have not tried the Neutrogena mineral powder as these mineral powders do not agree with my skin (despite their popularity). I would consider the Healthy Skin powder be Neutrogena; but I fell in love with Fit Me. It really does "fit" your complexion perfectly! Anyway, I have also invested in one of the Neutrogena Skin Clearing foundation. It is also the bomb! Only use it when going out on the town though and maintain the abovementioned regime for day wear.



It should definitely be produced in a wider range of shades though to cater to darker skin tones. It's a great product and should be suitable for all of us ladies. :o)





Cheers

This concealer is pretty inexpensive so you can't expect too much but I was hoping that since it was neutrogena that it would be worth while. It covers blemishes OKAY - which is fine for the price. My problem with this is that it says "skin clearing" and it definitely is not that. I have normal/combo skin mostly its just the "monthly" breakout thing and this definitely doesn't irritate the blemishes/zits but it doesn't go away any sooner than if I wore nothing at all.



I'd say if its an emergency and/or you're looking for something inexpensive then this will work just fine, otherwise if you can afford to spend a little extra I would go with something that actually "clears your skin".

I use this with skin clearing mineral powder from Neutrogena and it works really well. If I do have something random pop up on my face after a workout or something, I just put this on with the powder and it is not visible. It is also nice to have the added medicine and not clogging my pores! - Cover Up Consealer - Consealer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information