Wednesday 7 September 2011

Body Ball


At 5'1", this stability ball is perfect for my height Although the photo shows the ball to be a silvery color, mine is actually a pearly white, which I prefer. Working out with the ball is fun, so it makes it seem much easier. My abs and arms really felt it the next day. Valeo Body Ball (55 cm)

I orgianlly ordered the white ball withut realizing that it was meant for people shorter than I am (5' 9"). The Amazon page for it never mentioned that different balls were for different height users. When the ball arrived the sizing was made clear on the box. So I returned it and ordered this ball (Blue, 65CM) which is meant for my height. Having used balls in my health club, but without ever noticing their size, I was surprised at how large 65 cm was. When properly inflated this ball is too large for me; many of the exercises one does with these balls require wrapping the legs around the ball, which is difficult when it is too large. On the Amazon order page for this (blue) ball and the larger (red) ball, the size/height relationship is stated, and I do fall into the range of this 65 cm ball. But it is simply too large--a fact you can't realize until you inflate it.

I love this exercise ball. I am a small person and the size is perfect for me. This ball would be a great addition to any fitness routine because you can tailor your routine to your level. I especially enjoy giving my abs a workout with this ball!

This ball works great. I am 5'4" and this ball is perfect for me. I have had it for a few months and I use it a lot. It's white and surprisingly shows no signs of dirt or hard use. The rubber surface keeps you in position on the ball. A great buy.

I love the body ball. I bought it for a specific purpose but if you aren't sure how to incorporate the body ball into your workout, it comes with a few exercises you can try. It was also reletively cheap.

Excellent exercise aid. Very durable and priced well. Previously, I had a 65 cm ball which was too large for me. Now that I have the correct size I find that I can perform core strenghtening excercises without back pain.

When I took it out of the box, besides its extremely strong chemical odor, I noticed it seemed to have some kind of wet substance all over it that rubbed off on my hands when I touched it (the consistency of lotion). I have no idea what it was. On the plus side, it comes with a measuring tape to let you know when it is inflated enough. However, the pump that comes with it was extremely labor intensive and a lot of pumping didn't accomplish much. The smell and the wet feel of the plastic was enough for me. I'm going to buy another higher quality brand. I guess you get what you pay for!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information