Wednesday 14 September 2011

Butane Torch - jewelery, jewelry making tools


I am a Jewelry designer. I have been one for close to 30 years. I've had big tanks with all the gauges and tubing and the are good it you do large pieces of jewelry. My work is very delicate so I don't need anything with a huge flame. I have been using

one of these for about 8 years now and when mine died I called the manufactor. They said it was sold on Amazon. I jumped right on it. The price is reasonable and you can solder bezels, jump rings and do jewelry repairs with it plus butane is easely obtainable. I give this product 5 stars.Prefect for beginners and for those of us who having been doing it for eons. Blazer ES1000CR Spitfire Butane Refillable Torch

This is a wonderful torch! I got it for jewelry-making and other crafts and it does the job very well. It is made with the kind of good quality you would expect from Japan.



As a side note, the back of this torch may dig into your hand a bit, depending on your grip (or if you are wearing gloves).

My husband was looking for something more reliable for starting his workshop fireplace, we live in cold country and the regular store bought lighters don't perform well. He has been extremely happy with this torch/lighter and hasn't had any problems lighting the fireplace with this very reliable item.

It's highly recommended.

I have owned three of these torches over the last 12 years. The "Thumb click to operate" style is by far the best, compared to the dual control models (turn on gas, then ignight). I have no idea why ALL of their models do not operate in this manner. I sadly acknowledge that this is one of the finest on the market. Why "sadly"? Because if this is the best the market can do, then someone needs to step in and design a truly "Rolls-Royce" quality tool of this type -- for which I would gladly pay twice the price. All thrtee of those I've owned eventually resort to ignition failure. The lastest one I have has simply stopped ignighting, even though it still generates a spark and it burns just fine when lighted with a second flame. And yes, I am using ONLY the fuel supplied by Blazer.



Asided from the inexplicable lack of ignition, I am simply amazed that the folks at Blazer have still not seen the merit of providing a model with a totally transparent, full view fuel tank. I despise having to carry a fuel can to every job site simply because I cannot be sure when it will run out of fuel.



In general, I have lost all faith in Piezo crystal ignition. I would love to see the re-emergence of electronic ignition (driven by a small battery and totally silent.)



In general, I would love to see a model identical to this one in all respects EXCEPT in half the size, with a transparent tank and a detachable stand-up base, along with aa way to clean it in case it stops ignighting, even in the presence of a spark.

This is a great little torch which I use at work. However the lever you must push down to get the gas to come out is way too tight. Its a lock that you push up before pushing the lever down. I have 3 older moldels of this torch which operate much more freely. One broke and I replacxed it with the spitfire.

Very nice torch, well made and works good. From a 4 inch yellow to a 1 inch blue flame--This puppy won't go out on you in the wind. I'm using 5x filtered butane, I'd go with at least triple filtered. Need more than just a lighter? Try this Blazer. - Jewelry Making Tools - Jewelery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information