Wednesday 14 September 2011

Cast Iron Grill


I received this yesterday and tried it out on my Weber Kettle grill today. I preheated it as directed and placed some rib eye steaks on the Tuscan grill. Giving each a quarter turn after two minutes produced a very distinctive diamond-shaped pattern that makes your food look very professionally-grilled. At 14" square, you have a fair-sized grilling surface as well. It is heavy to be sure, but cast iron is one of the best grilling surfaces imaginable and the V-shaped grates will assure you that your food will not only taste great, but look really appetizing too!



NOTE: Make sure that you season this accessory before using it or you will probably get a very unpleasant metallic taste. I coated the entire surface, including the removable legs, with a light film of melted shortening. I placed two baking pans lined with foil into a 350 degree oven and stood the grill upright on the sheets. I baked it for an hour, shut off the oven and went to bed. In the morning, it was cool and completely seasoned. After using it, I let it cool down and soaked it in hot water in the sink. Then I scraped it down with a plastic brush and repeated the seasoning process. This really isn't necessary but I do it just to add a stronger finish. Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Cast Iron Tuscan Barbecue Grill

I have a flat bottom, terra cotta clay, fire pit. This tuscan grill sits in it very nicely. With some mesquite wood burnt down town embers, it make great flavor for steaks, burgers, about anything you can think off. And since it's cast iron, it can handle the heat. And with some protection from the elements, when not in use, this grill could last for ever.



The only reason I gave it 4 stars, instead of 5 is because the legs, are slightly uneven... very slighty. With that said, the grill still works great. On a camp fire, the legs wouldn't even be an issue. And even in my fire pit it works very nice.



Just being nit-picky.

Great, very simple design. Works very well on fire pit with either wood or charcoal fires. Produces nice grill lines on food. Lifting tool fits designed well & fits grating perfectly for secure lifting.

I love the product. Although I would prefer that the grill had adjustable legs to adjust the height of the grill. If I wanted to cook over wood, this would not be possible without using some other types of support system. Although for the price, I would still recommend the product.

Once this was seasoned, it is a great grill at a decent price. A little small, but the fact that the legs easily come off make it easily portable in a sturdy tote bag and easy to take camping or wherever you need it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information