Thursday 8 September 2011

Camera Memory - sdhc card, 16 gb


The card is big, reliable, and fast per the specs & the SanDisk brand name.



The card's speed would be useful in two cases - faster shoot rate when the camera can write 200x in continuous shooting, or faster download to computer when the card reader can read 200x.



Unless you checked either camera or card reader to go beyond 100x (e.g. Canon 450D does 100x top, see card readers in another review), a 16GB SanDisk Ultra II card would be a better deal - you'll get the same performance & card size for less than half the price. SanDisk 16gb Extreme 30MB/s Edition SDHC High Performance Card

Don't buy a faster memory card than you really need for your camcorder. This is one case where faster is not better.... it's just faster. Most HD camcorders are designed to work with Class 4 SDHC cards at the camcorders best recording quality.



Installing a faster memory card than your camcorder needs, is not going to make the video quality better, or make the camcorder work better. In fact, installing a faster memory card than the camcorder was designed to work with, may create problems. There are some valid technical reasons for this. As the speed of memory cards goes up, so does the power consumption of the memory card. The increase in power consumption from a Class 4 card to a Class 10 card, can be dramatic. If the camcorder was designed to use Class 4 cards, the added power consumption of a class 10 card, may degrade overall performance. Another concern is that, as speed goes up, so do the levels of electronic noise, and that can be detrimental to overall operation. Faster memory, requires faster clock speeds, and if the memory's supporting electronic circuitry was not designed to work with these faster clocking speeds, that circuitry may not operate as predictably as it does with slower memory. In summary, there are a few really good technical reasons why a faster memory card will perform poorly when it is installed in a camcorder designed to work with much slower memory. Don't do it. The really fast SDHC cards are intended for high megapixel cameras with fast sequential shooting capabilities. The electronics for those types of cameras, have been designed to work with the faster cards.



Lastly, installing faster memory than your camcorder needs, is a waste of money. For Camcorders, you can't go wrong with a SanDisk SDSDHV-016G-A15 16GB Video HD SDHC Card. It is designed to work well with HD camcorders, and it is very reasonably priced.

This card is a must of you have a HD video recording device. Such is the case with my Canon EOS Rebel T1i. What I noticed right away is that if you don't use a type 6 SD card, you'll run into issues while recording a lenghthy video. This line from Sandisk is actually recommended by Canon within the owners manual. And it works perfectly. I can record in 1080P at 20FPS or 720P at 30FPS, with no issues what so ever. I picked up this for less then what it's currently being sold for, so you may want to wait until it becomes a better value.



Based on my experience and use, I would definitely recommend this for use with HD video cameras. It's worked perfectly for me.

Just bought the Canon Vixia HF S100 and this 16GB Extreme III card. the Canon instruction book say its needs a class 4 or higher to record HD (which is whole reason I bought the Canon in the first place...) but for some reason when I insert this card (class 10) I can record in regular mode but not HD. The camcorder says that the card is not compatible with any of the HD recording modes... The card works in regular recording mode and works in my Canon camera (SD 870). My old 4GB Extreme II card works in HD mode in the HFS100.



Not sure what the problem is here... I saw other reviewers using this card with HFS10 which is mechanically the same as the HFS100. I initialized both memory card before using.



Any suggestions? Otherwise I am going to return this card and just buy an Extreme II 32gb for the same money or less.



Thanks

With an amazing camera like the Nikon D90 that even with small and basic picture size settings you have an amazing picture quality, you can snap 13,200 pictures on this memory card! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. In addition to that, I used it in the Amazon (in Colombia's amazing jungle) with large RAW + basic settings and I was able to take 3 photos per second to the pink and grey dolphins jumping in the Amazon river. I was more than happy buying this card. It's not leaving my D90!

I purchased this card to replace my 2GB SD card. I set my 15.1 Megapixel camera to create two images per picture (1 14bit RAW and 1 large high-quality jpeg). This card allows me to take 486 pictures without having to switch cards or delete images. I have owned this card for two months now and it has been working great. I haven't had a single problem with it.

This card is amazing and has blazing fast speed. I have tested it on Canon T2i, Nikon D90, Canon 5D MarkII. It is totally worth the price. I will post the video review soon to show the performance of the card. This is the true Class 10 SDHC card, other brands do write class 10 on the cards but they do not give more than 15-20 MB/s of speed. I would highly recommend this card if you are into serious photography and would not want to miss that special shot. I timed the shooting on Canon T2i, its about 100 shots in 23 seconds at full resolution of 18 mega-pixel with all auto settings.

PS : I would not recommend the seller though because I received the card without original packing so u never know if he is sending you used cards and asking the price for a new one, because you will find many other sellers online that sell this card in the price range of $75 to $90 and guaranty brand new packed item.

Incredible speed! Incredible performance, incredible capacity. I ordered this product because I sometimes go out hiking and don't have a chance to download all my pictures into a PC and like to take pictures of nature, which sometimes I'd prefer to do in burst mode. I have 4 4g class 6 memory cards, which only took 2 pictures, then started to take one picture every 10 or 15 seconds, and guess what? Most of the times I would loose that great shot because of the lag. I feel confident this card is the solution, I tried it as soon as I got it, It was shooting the full 4 shots per second for about 8 seconds, then takes about 2 every second for about another 20 - 24 seconds. Amazing!!!



I have a Nikon D90 and shoot 90% of the time in RAW. When I inserted the card into my camera, I saw I had 1.0K of picture capacity, I double checked it was in RAW!!! If you have the cash to buy this, go for it, you can't go wrong. - Sdhc - Sdhc Card - Camera Memory - 16 Gb'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information