Monday 5 September 2011

Cardiac Health - garmin, running


I have used this with my Garmin Forerunner 305, Forerunner 50, and Forerunner 405cx. Just wet it with saliva or water before you start, and it accurately and easily tracks your heart rate. The strap that attaches it to your chest is easily adjustable and easily removable. Unlike other products, my heart rate does not "jump around" 10 or 20 beats. The battery lasts a good amount of time and is easily replaceable. This is the best heart rate monitor that I have used, and I prefer it to Polar. Garmin Heart Rate Monitor

Works as advertised, no problems. This is a replacement of my first one that the seal (o-ring type) in the battery compartment failed, causing the battery to corrode due to moisture leaking. Then it never worked again. Be careful changing batteries not to damage the seal.

I got the Forerunner 405 as a gift, but without the HRM. I got this as an add on, but it worked seemlessly. I put it on and it synched immediately without having to really do anything on the device. Still figuring out all of the features, but the combo is highly recommended (I run and cycle).

I was very excited when I saw the ad for the Garmin Forerunner 405 and couldn't wait to get one. Unfortunately, when I went to make my purchase, the store only had the Forerunner 405 without the heart monitor in stock. To get the full benefits of my new Forerunner 405, I knew this was something I wanted to try.



When my Garmin Heart Rate Monitor came in, I immediately paired it with the Forerunner 405. Pairing was a breeze. I then put it on and wore it for a few minutes to check its accuracy (I wanted to be certain of its accuracy before I adjusted my run workouts based on the results). Suffice it to say, I was more than pleased with the results! It has become a constant companion to me along my runs.

The HRM is simple and easy to use. It picks up my heart rate everytime - quickly. I use it to send info to the Garmin Forerunner 405. When I put on the HRM, the 405 announces the connection in no time.

I bought this to pair with a new Garmin Edge 500 for cycling use. This was much cheaper than buying the Edge Bundle as I did not also want cadence. The strap works great with the Edge but installation was a little tricky. The Edge has to be "paired" with the HR strap but I was able to figure it out.

This is a great HR monitor and it paired easily (didn't have to do anything) with my Edge 500. It seems accurate and doesn't have any of the wild spikes I saw with my much older Polar HR monitor.



Most importantly, it is comfortable and doesnt leave any marks once adjusted correctly.



I reduced by one star because the strap is fairly short. I am not overweight (size 40 jacket) and I had to make the strap within 2" of its max for this to fit comfortably. Larger folks might have an issue.



Although the strap is very elastic, if it is stretched too tight it will leave marks and hurt.

I just turned on my 405 (held the "training" button) and it was recognized before it located satellites... It takes a bit getting used to wearing the strap around your chest, but it provides very good info... It is encouraging to see I can do the same run at a faster pace, with a lower average heart rate!

My bicycle Garmin 305 came with a cadence monitor... I really like this GPS device for my road bike and only recently did I become interested in adding the HRM strap. It comes ready to use, just be sure to set up your Garmin to work with the Heart Rate Monitor... it's a few menus into the device, but once I set the function and changed my displays to show - speed, elapsed time, altitude, heart rate on my main screen, it was all good to go.



Reasonable price, replaceable battery included, works with my Bicycle Garmin 305. - Exercise - Running - Garmin - Hrm'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information